Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gaylord Speedsturr Group Buy?

Scarface

Reaction score
The title pretty much says it all. I know a lot of us are probably going to want different features though. Personally i'd like the remote trunk release but not all that sure about the brake light ya dig? How many of you would sign up for this? I know I'm in.

1. Scarface

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
what kind of prices can we get? I might be interested i would want the wing as well

Last edited:

ntinhri

Reaction score
I think we got them for 1200 shipped (THINK) back in 05-06, but we had to sell 15 or so. Also it was like 200 cheaper to ship to a business... FYI

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
The X2000 speedstur runs like $1700 ...there is another gaylord cover , the TL speedstur ,with less options and has cheap hinges for like $1400

Last edited:

W3LCH

Reaction score
Need price I need one with the spoiler:top:

Scarface

Reaction score
I think we all need one with a spoiler. Lol I want the auto open personally. Let's not forget the light inside... I think someone was trying to hook it up to their alarm... anywho... we need a vendor to hit them up cause I sure as hell can't. But still, apparently we have a good idea of how many people would be into the group buy.

R1 Chris

Reaction score
im in for one just need to know the prices. speedster with the wing

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I think we got them for 1200 shipped (THINK) back in 05-06, but we had to sell 15 or so. Also it was like 200 cheaper to ship to a business... FYI

I think It was under a grand brother. We got a smokin deal on those original covers. :top:

Call up Gaylord's and ask for Chris. He knows about the site and I believe he is even a member. See if he is interested in getting something together for you guys. If he is interested he needs to get with Klint about becoming a vendor.
Good Luck guys. These covers are awesome.

Last edited:

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I think you spell is name Kris (just incase you decide to email him) :top:

EhdzXrunnR

Reaction score
I want to get one too. but for sure i wanna know the price and hopefully find some place to install it here in Daygo.

R1 Chris

Reaction score
I want to get one too. but for sure i wanna know the price and hopefully find some place to install it here in Daygo.

im going to get one too so if you want to get together we help each other out . their not that hard to do.

RedX

Reaction score
This cover sucks. It looks great but unless you install it perfect, it will open 1 out of 5 times with keyless remote. Ive had mine for about 5 yrs and after yrs finally getting lined up right, it works okay. Also the light inside the cover turns on by remote or when you open the cover. Mine stayed on after closing it, and it melted the light cover. IMO this cover is not worth $1400. It looks awesome with the speedstur wing, but thats about it. Not worth the money for keyless entry.
Check out this post I wrote a couple years ago.
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=2775

Last edited:

akakrill

Reaction score
Roger...don't care about that stuff, but I would like the hinges to be the strongest set they offer with the cleanest install possible.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I would say this cover is NOT crap at all, I gutted the keyless brain and relay from the cover and wired the actuator to my viper alarm and it works flawlessly. The only "problem" I have had is the key lock freezes when it snows, but that's why I have a bottle of lock de-icer in the console! While the lock was frozen I needed to get in the back and was impatient(beer does that) and broke a latch, called up Gaylord and had a new SET, a stronger re desigened one mailed out to canada at no charge. I love the cover comes off easy if need be, wired to my alarm/trunk release and customer service is top notch!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom