Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Glass cleaner

XDsm

Reaction score
What auto glass cleaner are you guys using that is safe for tint? I am trying to find a good one since the ones I have tried haven't done so well. I used the Eagle One glass cleaner and the Armor All one. Both didn't wipe off streak free easy for me and didn't do a good job of cutting through the plastic haze on the inside of a windshield. Any suggestions?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i have always used aerosol glass cleaner w/out amonia.. i usually use any of the mid priced ones.. just make sure they say safe for tinted windows

XDsm

Reaction score
Do you have the name to the one you use? Does it work well? I know the cleaner has to be ammonia free so it doesn't turn the tint purple. As of right now I don't have tint but I plan to in the near future. The ammonia based cleaners seem to work the best but I won't be able to use them for long.

07XR808

Reaction score
Windex streak free ammonia free...the wipes work pretty good

dermaestro

Reaction score
I have two different Meguiars sprays and the Stoner Invisible Glass. I've had much better results with the Invisible Glass and newspaper.

07XR808

Reaction score
Yeah the newspaper works good to wipe down the windows...i guess the ink acts as a polish too?

DOGO X

Reaction score
Windex and news paper for the outside, no tint! inside just warm water and a cloth

JetJockey

Reaction score
You guys won't believe this until you try it. We use this in the aviation industry to clean $50,000 windshields on our jets!!!

I've used it exclusively in my Corvettes & own plane over many years.

Take good ole cheap ole rubbing alchohol...YEP that's it!! Then mix it 50/50 in a spray bottle with tap water & go for it!!!

You won't believe the results + your hands will now be sterile clean!!!

By the way, this is essentially what Rain-X is & most other expensive products. It will form with repeated use like a rain repellant coating on your glass. Bugs will fall right off eventually.

Try it!! You won't believe it.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
You guys won't believe this until you try it. We use this in the aviation industry to clean $50,000 windshields on our jets!!!

Take good ole cheap ole rubbing alchohol...YEP that's it!! Then mix it 50/50 in a spray bottle with tap water & go for it!!!

By the way, this is essentially what Rain-X is & most other expensive products. It will form with repeated use like a rain repellant coating on your glass. Bugs will fall right off eventually.

Hey.. now that you mention it rain x smells like rubbing alchohol. Im also assuming use this mixture on the outside of windows only because im not sure if this would be to tint friendly.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
My materials teacher said vinegar and water 50/50 and wiped with newspaper cleans glass really well, too. I believe him, he's a materials teacher :biggrin:

I'm going to try that next time I wash my baby and let you guys know.

07XR808

Reaction score
Are there any limitations on using the vinegar 50/50 or rubbing alcohol 50/50 on the inside of the windows that are tinted? I don't want mine to purple after a couple weeks...

weird how the newspaper thing works...i learned about it from one of my coaches after having to wipe down all the mirrors in the weight room...came out shiny as hell

XDsm

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys:top:. I knew about the newspaper trick from a mechanics class I took. It works pretty good, but I usually use paper towels since I don't always have newspapers around.

dermaestro

Reaction score

I've done this. I accidentally had gotten some vinyl protectant on my windows and it was the only thing that got that greasy residue off.

Newspapers are awesome because they're super absorbent and leave no lint.

brokenvendetta

Reaction score
Are there any limitations on using the vinegar 50/50 or rubbing alcohol 50/50 on the inside of the windows that are tinted? I don't want mine to purple after a couple weeks...

weird how the newspaper thing works...i learned about it from one of my coaches after having to wipe down all the mirrors in the weight room...came out shiny as hell

As far as I know, only use it on the non-tinted side of any windows. I'm not sure, he didn't specify and I didn't think to ask, so I would say stay on the safe side.

DOGO X

Reaction score
I had try alcohol before but not mix and wasn't pretty! leave a white mark all over.
Will try mix up tho!

dwx

Reaction score
IMO the Stoner Invisible Glass is the best - always have fantastic results and its safe for tinted glass.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I use Invisible Glass. I like it because you spray it on and leave it for a little bit and it takes off all the bugs/marks/etc. Then it just wipes right off without leaving streaks.

Top Bottom