Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

good deal? thinking of getting Viper 5901

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
Found a shop few doors down from where i work. For $299.00 they will sell and do the install. I guess our trucks need some kinda module so throw on another $75.00 i think he said, so for $375.00 +tax im thinking its a pretty good deal.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a good deal they are 399 plus install fees at bestbuy plus the module. You need the module to overide the factory immobilizer. I have had mine for 6 months now and love it! For piece of mind I added a tilt sensor and glass break sensor... IMO all well worth it:top:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
It is a good deal. 399 plus tx 13%= 451.00. That's 150.00. You must live in the bad part on Georgetown.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Thats a good price, only if they do good work. If they do some hack job install it aint worth 2 cents

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a good deal. 399 plus tx 13%= 451.00. That's 150.00. You must live in the bad part on Georgetown.

gator the 5901 alarm unit itself is 399 + 85(for me) for the immobilizer bypass unit + 150 install ++ hst@13points = me thinking I spent too much this winter on my truck haha

Thats a good price, only if they do good work. If they do some hack job install it aint worth 2 cents

Quoted for truth!!!

Last edited:

tattoomaker25

Reaction score
Yeah luckily they do good work. I've had a few friends get some stuff from the place that quoted me $299.00. And if anything goes wrong down the line, well i'm only a few door down working.
Im getting it installed tomorrow or the next day. waiting on the new shipment to come in.

justin13703

Reaction score
I had a viper 2 way alarm on my s10. Best alarm i've ever had or used. I had air pressure sensors with mine so if a window is broken or a door is pried open it would go off. I could sit in it, arm it, and if i had the sensitivity turned up if I breathed too hard it would set it off. Only bad thing was you couldn't set it with the windows open or it would go off. There is a way to deactivate individual sensors when you arm it but I never figured it out. Viper makes great alarms. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me like they ^^^ said as long as it is done right. Theres nothing more annoying than an alarm that goes off every 5 seconds cause it wasnt set up right.

dramad1

Reaction score
I've had mine for about a year. Love the remote start come in handy on cool mornings. And the key chain hold it's charge for quite a while like 10-15 days. Or more I charge it up like once a month. Steel of a deal. If you have an I phone you should hit him up for the kit that sinc with your phone and I think it's about a bill cheaper.

Top Bottom