Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Grounding HU

RPJXRUNNER

Reaction score
My question is for all of you guys that have aftermarket HU. I was wondering how many of you actually grounded the HU without using the factory harness and where did you ground it to?

justin13703

Reaction score
My question is for all of you guys that have aftermarket HU. I was wondering how many of you actually grounded the HU without using the factory harness and where did you ground it to?
I grounded mine to one of the bottom bolts that holds the radio in.

vonraptor

Reaction score
Is that supposed to help with the alternator whine from stock deck? Figured it was just a ground loop or somethin, but who knows where to start with that?

rich017

Reaction score
Is that supposed to help with the alternator whine from stock deck? Figured it was just a ground loop or somethin, but who knows where to start with that?

I never had an issue with the ground in the stock harness. But for my recent DD, I added an extra ground.

Do you have amps? If so, where are the grounds for each of those? The whine sounds like an amp ground issue to me but ground the HU and see what happens.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I grounded my DD to the same place ad my amp which is under the center console on one of the console support brackets. It works great and I don't have any kind of whines of any sort. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom