Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

headlight mod

FN5.7

Reaction score
hello. i am going to be replacing the halo in the front headlight of my truck. i was wondering what can i use to tint the head lights and the break lights. those are pretty much the last things on my truck that need blacked. ive heard of painting them but do i get a black gloss paint or??? thanks for the info.

roy365

Reaction score
VHT Niteshades at any local auto parts store. Good luck....ive ruined several sets of lights with that crap. Your best bet is to get some tinted film and lay over the lights.

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
VHT nightshade
2012-11-27_11-16-58_736.jpg

X-FREAK

Reaction score
yes you best bet it getting film or having the professional spray tinted. I'm wanting to do mine but go with a light smoke still considering my options

Sinned

Reaction score
Best way in my opinion is to take the headlight apart and paint the housing black. Or smoke. That way the lens stay clear and you can still see at night. Basically the same way they do retro headlights

donovanbedwell

Reaction score
i just used lens paint from auto zone in the paint section. it's specially made from rustoleum for lenses; although you can still make them too dark to see the road ahead of you lol. be easy with the amount of tint you decide to use. and one can is good for all 7 lights on the truck. but i wouldn't reccomend tinting the fogs too dark.

Top Bottom