Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

heater only works on high HELP!!

driftguy92

Reaction score
So this morning I was letting my truck warm up and I heard my heater quit blowing so I flipped it to high and it came back on but the other settings won't blow. How to fix?

Nick_c

Reaction score
Mine did that too. I checked the connections, voltage in every speed and put It back together. Then boom it worked in all speeds. But it only lasted a week or so.

How do you ck the resistor and where is it located.

driftguy92

Reaction score
Thank you so much i didnt have a clue what was going on cause i just bought my truck like 3 months ago and i really wasnt expecting anything to go wrong for a year but oh well its small atleast!!

MplsX

Reaction score
The resister lives next to the blower motor in our trucks. When you select the high fan speed the resister is bypassed. Only high speed blower speed is a classic symptom of a blown resister. Normally I am the "test before replacing parts" kind of guy, but just go buy one of these and replace it. You could remove the old one and do a resistance check but why? Just replace it. The part is cheap and the repair is easy.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Blower resistor. 2nd prong to the right.

Nick_c

Reaction score
photo_zpsab5e6e9c.jpg

Is it the blue one or yellow

Ok I found the resistor is external right by the motor

Last edited:

Nick_c

Reaction score
So I unplugged my resistor one of the connectors in the plug got so hot it changed colors of the plastic harness. So I'm guessing this is the problem area not the motor.

jncomatrix

Reaction score
Its a copper wrapped resistor. My heat only worked on high too or wouldnt at all. Its located on the passenger side near center against foot area. Factory part was made in russia. Got another part from toyota and made somewhere else.

Nick_c

Reaction score
Sweet Russian tank parts.
Sorry to thread jack hopefully everything here helps you also.

Top Bottom