Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

help please! im stranded.. security system..

rennurx

Reaction score
So I took the battery out of my truck to use it for another car,, well a bunch of my ''friends'' decided to put a dif battery in my truckand try to move it, well the battery set off the horn, so they left the battery out and pushed it across the parking lot.. well I put the battery back in and the truck wouldn't start, lights come on but won't start, dooors won't lock windows won't go up either.. is there a way to reset the security system? I'm stuck in a sonic parking lot lol.. please help me! Ahhahah... thanks!

Gadget

Reaction score
If it is the stock Toyota alarm, check your owner's manual. It may provide you with the solution to get back up and running.

G

Toon714

Reaction score
If u have a aftermarket alarm.
There is a killswitch. it might be locked in. so u gotta reset the alarm.

rennurx

Reaction score
No manual never got one with it lol.. and nope its all factory.. can't even listen to the raidio.. how boring lol..

Gadget

Reaction score
The factory alarm is not that sophisticated.

Start checking all the fuses. Likely they installed the temp battery backwards.

There may be a sacrificial diode that burns out to protect from reverse polarity hook ups.

Check those big fuses in the engine compartment and start calling the Toyota dealers out in Cali and see if they are still open. Someone in the service dept might know just that burned out.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah I'd agree that the battery may have been put in backwards because like gadget says the factory security has nothing to do with things like power windows. Not all batteries have the pos/neg on the same side so the one they put in may have been opposite, and they just connected stuff without looking.

This is why you don't let friends fvck with your shit. Lol

azburnin

Reaction score
Just blow it up, or call AAA get a tow home or dealer to get fixed up.

rennurx

Reaction score
I didn't ''let'' them do anything, I wasn't around when they did it..but anyways...

We found out the alt fuse was blown, my buddy's friend is a tec at toyota and he said that's a ten hour job in itself.. I just rigged it for now, fixed the starting problem, windows, ect.

Also had an abs 2? Fuse blown idk if it was involved but I noticed it also..

Still have no throttle responce...

I ended up driving home, normally a 20 min drive, took 45, 5 MPH up hills about 25 MPH on the flats and hit 35 once going down a hill lol.

I have a cel on gotta wait until tomorrow to borrow a scan tool.. see what it says..

Outburst

Reaction score
i did a bit of research, and i learned that the alternator fuse is a 100amp fuse which is bolted down on the fuse box. the fuse box is easy to unclip, but does take some patience. You can actually refer to the FLM guide to unclip it.

whatever your friends did, they did some nasty stuff. i would actually have them pay for any damages. they may have put in the battery backwards like everyone is saying.

rennurx

Reaction score
My fuse for the alt is 120, I have a friend getting me a price for one from the dealer, he works there.. but I still don't know my throttle problem.. should have the code reader here in about half hour, hopefully I can figure it out.. but yea there not gonna pay.. I can't prove who ot was cuz I wasn't there.. nd they all say ''it wasn't me'' so yea..

butters607

Reaction score
I would check all your fuses now if you POP that big one 9/10 times you popped more and probably alternator will poop out too

rennurx

Reaction score
Checked the cel it was p2118, looked it up said check the ects fuse, the ects fuse was indeed bad.. go figure.. we even checked the fuses not sure how we missed that one lol.. so I got the throttle back now. All I have to do is get a new alt fuse and change it.. thanks for all the help..

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
so what was the cause of poping these fuses? your buddies put the battery in backwards?

rennurx

Reaction score
That's what I'm guessing.. I didn't see what they did but that's what I've been reading and everyone's been saying.. so when u change ur battery don't mess up! Lol.. nd I heard the alt fuse is a pita to change.. I'll let u's know lol..

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
i smell small claims court.... seriously though if they we're you friends they wouldn't have fawked with you shit and if they did they would at least split the cost of the repairs with you. I likely would have called the cops in the parking and gotten a report written up and gone from there.

justin13703

Reaction score
^Thats what im sayin, Id be crackin some skulls if some people were screwing with my stuff when I wasnt around, bitched it all up and then denied everything.

GR6RR

Reaction score
Friends would step up if at their fault. Time to find new ones....

Outburst

Reaction score
make sure to check all your fuses. i remember changing the alt fuse on my miata when i had it. it was an absolute pain to replace. similar thing happens to me, except i put in my own battery backwards. i had to replace most of my fuses, including my 4ch amp fuse. you can even have it destroy ecus. luckily my old megasquirt standalone survived at the time, so i wasnt THAT mad at myself.

i would definitely have your friends either pay up for some repair costs or even take it to small claims if they dont do anything about it

Top Bottom