Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help with picking wheel offset

Spicy Taco X

Reaction score
I want to run 285/30ZR 20 tires on a 10" wide rim all the way around. Can I get the same offset and it still look right? If so about what would I need to get?:dontknow:

CBRBob

Reaction score
On a 10" rim to make it stick out the same as stock you will need a wheel with a 55mm offset. I would NOT go more than 1/2" out so that would be about 42mm. If you want to lose a lot of the paint on your fenders and doors go wil less than 42mm, the tire will throw everything past the flares.

Jonathan

Reaction score
On a 10" rim to make it stick out the same as stock you will need a wheel with a 55mm offset. I would NOT go more than 1/2" out so that would be about 42mm. If you want to lose a lot of the paint on your fenders and doors go wil less than 42mm, the tire will throw everything past the flares.

10" wheel at 55 might hit the rear shocks, or, the lower a arm up front (like mine did a little, but its the djm arms). just something to look out for.

CBRBob

Reaction score
10" wheel at 55 might hit the rear shocks, or, the lower a arm up front (like mine did a little, but its the djm arms). just something to look out for.

True, but thats what test fitting is for :top:
I run 9.5" on all 4 corners with a 42mm offset.

DOGO X

Reaction score
True, but thats what test fitting is for :top:
I run 9.5" on all 4 corners with a 42mm offset.

Are your wheels flush with the fender or do dey stick ut much? any pic

CBRBob

Reaction score
Are your wheels flush with the fender or do dey stick ut much? any pic

NO! LOL Most people want them to be flush with the top of the fender. If your wheels are flush then they will stick WAYYY too far out past the body! It may look nice but you will be throwing every little rock, sand and water etc. across the side of the truck. What I have sticks out 7mm or about 1/2" more than stock. Search around, I saw someone with stock XR wheels and 1" spacers. It looked great! But you could just feel the paint about to chip away like sandblasting. I would not go more than 1/2" or about 12mm out, unless its a show vehicle being trailered.

blackX

Reaction score
NO! LOL Most people want them to be flush with the top of the fender. If your wheels are flush then they will stick WAYYY too far out past the body! It may look nice but you will be throwing every little rock, sand and water etc. across the side of the truck. What I have sticks out 7mm or about 1/2" more than stock. Search around, I saw someone with stock XR wheels and 1" spacers. It looked great! But you could just feel the paint about to chip away like sandblasting. I would not go more than 1/2" or about 12mm out, unless its a show vehicle being trailered.

i run 285/30/20 on a 10" wheel on the rear with a offset of 25 and i have had no problems like you describe. i also have a set of mudflaps.

CBRBob

Reaction score
i run 285/30/20 on a 10" wheel on the rear with a offset of 25 and i have had no problems like you describe. i also have a set of mudflaps.

Duh, you have mudflaps......... of course you arent going to have that problem. Then again, mudflaps on an XR.......:dontknow:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Duh, you have mudflaps......... of course you arent going to have that problem. Then again, mudflaps on an XR.......:dontknow:

Don't say it to loud K2 has them too on his X :biggrin:

CBRBob

Reaction score
Don't say it to loud K2 has them too on his X :biggrin:

Maybe we need a ventvisor on some XRs around here too LOL

These pics may give you an idea of what I am talking about. These are 9.5" wide with 42mm offset. 7mm farther out than stock with a 285 tire.

One from above to show the wheel/tire is not close to being flush with the fender...
fendtop.jpg

Yet with the wheel tucked in that far it still is past the fender flares on the lower body. View from the back....
fendrear.jpg

View from the front.......
fendfront.jpg

Imagine what would get thrown across the bodywork if it were much farther out.

DOGO X

Reaction score
Thanks! I think my wheels are just like that :hmmmm2:

Top Bottom