Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey Gadget...

justin13703

Reaction score
Gadget, what's the best way to tell what size pulley I have? Is it stamped on there somewhere? I remember when I got the c38 and you tuned it, you said I will have enough fuel left to go to a smaller pulley. I can't remember what size my pulley is though. I think it's the 80mm? I only see 6 psi, 7 max on a good day so I'd like to step it up just a little bit.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Measure the outer diameter of it.

A smaller pulley will push more air.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
Measure the outer diameter of it.

A smaller pulley will push more air.

G

Yeah I meant to say smaller pulley and just edited my post, I wasn't thinking apparently lol. But ok I'll have to measure it sometime. If I drop down a pulley size, is it necessary to have it re-tuned or do you think it would be ok?

Murderface

Reaction score
What do u have for tuning? If u have an X-1 or UCON no tuning is needed as it will just add more fuel when needed. I know with my setup when I added a smaller pulley Gadget said I didn't need to do shit

Gadget

Reaction score
Yeah I meant to say smaller pulley and just edited my post, I wasn't thinking apparently lol. But ok I'll have to measure it sometime. If I drop down a pulley size, is it necessary to have it re-tuned or do you think it would be ok?

Check the AFR with your wideband and make sure you are OK. If not make whatever adjustments are necessary to get the AFR on target.

G

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
"Ok so I went and got it tuned yesterday and it is running great. Makes about 7 psi on the 80mm and apparently that is about equal to 8 or 9 psi on a c30 because the c38 flows alot more. I could of gone to the 75 but it would of thrown a code for pulling too much air through the maf sensor. I think Gadget said my injectors aren't maxed out yet and I still have a little bit left in them. But whenever I get the money I'll just get the trd injectors, some kind of ecu and get the maf sensor issue taken care of so I can run it around 9 psi. But yeah for right now it is running great."

This is from your urd mrk 1.5 thread. Hope this helps :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
"Ok so I went and got it tuned yesterday and it is running great. Makes about 7 psi on the 80mm and apparently that is about equal to 8 or 9 psi on a c30 because the c38 flows alot more. I could of gone to the 75 but it would of thrown a code for pulling too much air through the maf sensor. I think Gadget said my injectors aren't maxed out yet and I still have a little bit left in them. But whenever I get the money I'll just get the trd injectors, some kind of ecu and get the maf sensor issue taken care of so I can run it around 9 psi. But yeah for right now it is running great."

This is from your urd mrk 1.5 thread. Hope this helps :top:

Wow I completely forgot I posted that lol. Guess I have my answer. Thanks man.

Check the AFR with your wideband and make sure you are OK. If not make whatever adjustments are necessary to get the AFR on target.

G

Ok cool I will keep an eye on that and see what it does.

What do u have for tuning? If u have an X-1 or UCON no tuning is needed as it will just add more fuel when needed. I know with my setup when I added a smaller pulley Gadget said I didn't need to do shit

I don't have a UCON or x-1 so I will keep an eye on my AFR.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
Also, what's the best way to change the pulley? I've heard of people screwing them up internally or not getting the pulley seated on there right. I watched Gadget do it once but I can't remember exactly how he did it.

Gadget

Reaction score
Remove the belt.

Use a strap wrench or pin wrench to hole the pulley. If the pulley slips in the strap wrench, cut a piece of belt and wrap it around the pulley then apply the strap wrench.

Remove the bolt.

Remove the pulley.

Clean the mounting area of the new pulley with break clean and wipe the mounting area on the input shaft and bearing with a rag soaked in break cleaner. All this must be perfectly clean and free of oil.

Install the new pulley and tighten the bolt to 38 Lb-ft. Install the sticker and belt.

DO NOT:

Turn the supercharger backwards.

DO NOT:

Use an impact gun on the pulley bolt. If you do you will void the warranty and need a new supercharger.

G

justin13703

Reaction score
Remove the belt.

Use a strap wrench or pin wrench to hole the pulley. If the pulley slips in the strap wrench, cut a piece of belt and wrap it around the pulley then apply the strap wrench.

Remove the bolt.

Remove the pulley.

Clean the mounting area of the new pulley with break clean and wipe the mounting area on the input shaft and bearing with a rag soaked in break cleaner. All this must be perfectly clean and free of oil.

Install the new pulley and tighten the bolt to 38 Lb-ft. Install the sticker and belt.

DO NOT:

Turn the supercharger backwards.

DO NOT:

Use an impact gun on the pulley bolt. If you do you will void the warranty and need a new supercharger.

G

You're the man gadget. I wouldn't of known about the brake cleaner steps. Thank you for all the help. I'll be getting the 75mm soon and I'll see how it likes it.

Top Bottom