Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

holy F'in balls!!!

itsme71190

Reaction score
So my o2 sensor is screwed up in my old headers. Good thing I have DT short tubes lying around. Replacement o2 is $190!?!?!?!???!! Dear god ive never paid that much for one. Sorry, had to rant.

sohc4now

Reaction score
I had to use a pipe wrench to remove them from my stock manifolds. Just a dab of antiseize on the threads will help future removal, just don't get it on the sensor.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I install the DTLT. I think they used permanent Loctite during installation at the factory. I got 2 new ones from Gadget, they are less costly.

Gadget

Reaction score
Toyota does not use Loctite on the sensors.

It is just typical with the material they do use on the exhaust system, studs, nuts and so on. It is not uncommon to get a nut a 1/2 to a full turn loose and have it seize up. You can't get it off and can't tighten it back up.

This is way I use anti-seize on everything. I even carry it in my off road tool kit.

G

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
What ever they used, it makes it almost impossible to take the O2s out with out ruining the tread on the O2 and leaving some material in the manifold. They must have melted into the tread of the manifold. Maybe if you could heat up the flange with a torch the would come out. That's why I ordered 2 from you(Gadget) when I took it apart.

rennurx

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th o2 sensor. Not to mention the 9 coil packs I just went through in the last week, i think I have the o2 sensors down to about 5 min to completely swap out..

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
I'm on my 4th o2 sensor. Not to mention the 9 coil packs I just went through in the last week, i think I have the o2 sensors down to about 5 min to completely swap out..

9 coil packs? What are you cooking? May I ask why/how or do you have a thread about this?

Top Bottom