Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Horrible gas mileage lately

lamecargo

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal.... I've been noticing I've been getting about 250-285 miles to a tank of gas...I just seeing if anyone has any ideas where I should start. Since I've had the engine replace about 10k miles ago by the dealer it's been about the same. I have a Trd intake still have my fuel Pump upgrade installed(I think this is part of the prob) and my y pipe has the cats replaced with resonators and a flow master muffler. I need to check my plugs but I know the mileage I'm getting is not great for pretty much stock. I drive it to and from work occasionally(12 miles one way) and I can watch the gas needle drop every day thanks for the advice

CBRBob

Reaction score
What is your mileage?

Telling us what you get per tank is not good as you could put 16 gallons in or 20. Unless you run it dry every time?

lamecargo

Reaction score
About 19 gals last few times I'm at 200 miles on 1/4 tank left right now

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Fuel filter clogged? Dirty MAF sensor?

lamecargo

Reaction score
Nope I got the bike to go fast I rarely go above 4k rpms with her now...she's low and slow

silvertaco28

Reaction score
If I run 94 I get better . Almost 25 30to miles. If I run 87 ill get 250a to 3/4 tank

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
I got the same issue OP.....think it's all the lead stuck to my right foot. In Hawaii we don't have winter gas, and from what I understand, that could influence mpg's.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
holy cow! i would get at minimum 400mi on a tank and would avg about 22mpg (24hwy and 19-20 city)

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
The farthest I've ever taken mine without filling up is 360miles. Lately I've been getting between 18 to 20mpg .I do mostly city driving and average 18.5mpg and I only run 93octane ....the one time I didnt I got shitty milage

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Ok so here's the deal.... I've been noticing I've been getting about 250-285 miles to a tank of gas...I just seeing if anyone has any ideas where I should start. Since I've had the engine replace about 10k miles ago by the dealer it's been about the same. I have a Trd intake still have my fuel Pump upgrade installed(I think this is part of the prob) and my y pipe has the cats replaced with resonators and a flow master muffler. I need to check my plugs but I know the mileage I'm getting is not great for pretty much stock. I drive it to and from work occasionally(12 miles one way) and I can watch the gas needle drop every day thanks for the advice

wow that's terrible. i got 400 miles last tank! 330 miles is the lowest i've ever got

grifter95

Reaction score
WOW.... with 10 lbs of boost and nitrous I get horrible gas mileage too. But that's my evil right foots fault!

Gio927

Reaction score
wow that's terrible. i got 400 miles last tank! 330 miles is the lowest i've ever got

Dude how do u get over 300 a tank. I barely hit 260 when the light bulb comes on, which octane has are you using?

madtrucker

Reaction score
I get terrible gas mileage too. I can burn a 1/4 tank in a day just screwing around town. I'm getting around 14 mpg, or less. I've got a whirl pool in the tank. I make no attempts to minimize it, but it hurts when I go to the pump.

XRnRElite77

Reaction score
best bet would be to check all filters and pull a plug and see if the plug is wet, if it is that means your running rich, also clean your MAF and check your idler pulleys and make sure they are spinning freely, had one on mine where the bearing went out and was causing drag on the motor and equalling bad gas milage.

oh and quit B****ing about gas mileage LOL, i get 9 mpg lol. but it puts a huge smile on my face!!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, I don't know why i didn't say this before. One of the largest contributors to bad mileage is...........dun dun dun......low tire pressure. Put a little extra in there, and look at the rating on your tires. Put it closer to the higher end, and your mileage will go right up.

Murderface

Reaction score
285 is about all I get outta a tank and that's with little boosting. Sometimes I can squeeze out 325 but that's with the light on and when I fill up it says this(with 93 in the tank)

aa4baa67.jpg

I have seen my average mpg's say 24+ but that's with me on the highway going 65mph.........that's just too slow and boring for me to do all the time

Top Bottom