Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

House Mod!

justin13703

Reaction score
So I've been working on this for a while now but just now decided to post it, but I'm going Friday to close on my house! I'm freakin excited lol. I'm buying it from a family member so I've had the privelage of being able to go in and remodel a bunch of it before I move in. It is actually a duplex, and I am going to be renting out the other side to a friend of mine.

It is an older house but is in very good shape. It was built in 1912. It's about 4000 square feet. 3 stories and a basement. My favorite part though is that it has 4 acres of land, a 2 car heated garage, and a little shop with electric down in the field area. So far I've done a bunch of drywall and paint work, plumbing, some new carpet is coming this Friday and the hardwood floors are getting refinished. It's a lot of work but it is fine with me because it is my place.

I will get some pics on here of it soon, most of the work should be done by the 1st of the year, so I'll try to get some before and after pics to show the condition it started in, and how it looks now.

Gadget

Reaction score
That is a very nice Christmas present!!

G

Murderface

Reaction score
Congrats brotha! Is this ur first house?

When I bought my house I too was able to redo the hardwood floors, paint and make repairs because I bought it from a good friends ill grandmother(far below market price also). Looking forward to seeing pics once u post em up

justin13703

Reaction score
Congrats brotha! Is this ur first house?

When I bought my house I too was able to redo the hardwood floors, paint and make repairs because I bought it from a good friends ill grandmother(far below market price also). Looking forward to seeing pics once u post em up

Thanks man and yeah it's my first house. I was gonna pass on it at first because the amount of work I wanted to do kind of scared me, but I'm only 23 and I realized I probably wouldn't get the chance again for a long time. I'm glad it did it though because it's coming along great. And I bought this house from my grandmother because she is in a nursing home now.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Congrats dude! Seems like youve got yourself a pretty nice set up. Im looking to buy my first place soon too but the prices are pretty high in my area and I dont want to leave, so Ive still got a bit more saving to do...:thumbdown:

nick_gz1

Reaction score
congrats bro! Im planning on getting a house in like 3-4 years, i still got some traveling i wanna do before i settle down you know. I was stationed in italy for 2 years and seen all of europe, now im going to japan for 3 years and i wanna see most of asia and then after that settle down and buy a house. hopefully i come across a good deal like you guys have.

xrunrob

Reaction score
Awesome man. Congrats. Owning a house is fun and sometimes a pain in the ass. now's the time to buy. House sounds awesome. I would kill for some land and 4000 square feet. Can't wait for pics.

justin13703

Reaction score
Thanks guys, my plan is to do some work to it and in a few years when it gets re-appraised I hopefully will have some equity in it. If only I could figure out how to use that to its full potential lol.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the home. It's a LOT of work, but well worth it.
Better making mortgage payments than paying rent! :top:

justin13703

Reaction score
:postpics:

everyone loves pictures! :)

Lol I'm gonna get some pictures together, they are on my friends camera. I'll get them on here soon though.

Congrats on the home. It's a LOT of work, but well worth it.
Better making mortgage payments than paying rent! :top:

Thanks man and yeah I was renting for a while and it made me angry every month when I wrote that check lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom