Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How Did You Get Your X-Runner?

Where Did You Get Your X-Runner?

• Factory Ordered it from a Dealership

Votes: 47 12.1%
  • Purchased it from a Toyota/Scion Dealers Lot.

Votes: 155 39.8%
  • Purchased it Used

Votes: 158 40.6%
  • Purchased it? I Stole It!

Votes: 29 7.5%

• Total voters

TRD-X

Reaction score
This poll is from 2008! Who said the new guys can't search.:rolleyez:

gunner76137

Reaction score
My wife bought me mine for our 2 year wedding anniversary. I had seen 1 and told her that I wanted 1. We went and test drove 1 in Addisson (sc'ed) Went out the parking lot sideways,LOL . But it had been used as a work truck and some of the body kit was falling off from it. That was it I was hooked. She found mine online for sale in Cedar Hill and bought it without even driving it. Never saw it till I drove it off from the lot.

Murderface

Reaction score
Ive always wanted one from the time I first saw one at the 2004 Philadelphia Auto Show.

When the 2005 XR went on sale I had already bought a 2004 Scion Xb Hot Lave RS.1 and couldn't afford 2 payments. After my wife and I got married she let me buy a work truck(stupid Union job). So I found the 2nd best thing to an XR IMO and found a 1999 Dakota R/T xcab in red.

I owned both car and truck until January 26th 2008 when some dumb bitch decided to run a red-light. This in turn totaled my Dak R/T and left me seriously injured with 7 herniated discs(4 in my neck and 3 from my thoracic to lumbar). 2weeks later I again went to the Philly Auto Show where they had a 2008 SWB XR and I had my buddy take a pic of me standing next to it. Now without a pickup I told the wife it was time to depart with the scion and grab me an XRunner. With my scion as a trade and the money from my totaled R/T I was able to walk out a local Toyota dealer with the ONLY XRunner for sale within 50 miles of me and no monthly payment. A used 2005 BSP with 34k on the odometer and for only $16k:top: Black was actually my last choice as I first wanted an RR then a SWB and then a BSP. Now that I've seen how the RR's turn pink I'm happy they didn't have any.

In the 2+ yrs I've owned this truck, I can count on 2 hands the amount of X's I've seen on the road.

I LOVE THiS TRUCK!!!

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I had a customer with a new 05 RR. Every time he'd come in for mods or oil changes rotates whatever...I always found myself sittin in the seat admiring the truck thinking about how much cooler I could make it look. I didn't like the mileage I was getting from my lifted F-150 4x4 so I went looking for a Tundy or a Tacoma. Wouldn't you know the first place I stop had a swb x sitting in the back just traded in an hour earlier. All it took was one test drive and I was hooked.
Three years later I've poured what I consider a ton of cash into it and it's still
not even s/c'd lolololol...but I've met a bunch of great guys and made some personal friendships that will last long after the x is gone. This is a damn good site and I appreciate everyones contributions.:top:

Jwall

Reaction score
Dont buy from the states, find one somewhere in canada and have it truck transported to your area. Just make sure its a legit dealership, or at least buy the vehicle and you arrange the truck shipping. I drove across Ontario to get mine :D saved me $8,000+ off the sticker price. I almost bought from the states but by the time it gets canadianized and brought over its not worth it really and think the guy in the states i was talking to would have stole my money lol.

Trucking\ freight charges are not all that bad...

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Dont buy from the states...

I don't agree with your statement...I bought my '06 4x4 BSP TRD Off-Road from McMinneville Toyota which is located 45 minutes north of Portland, Oregon. In LV they wanted $31K for the exact same model...I paid $23950 out the door...in the end saved me just over $7K...

gotta love OREGON...NO SALES TAX...:rockon:

you just gotta know where to look and who to talk to...:top:

thefishguy

Reaction score
I stole it

I have been a Toyota man for some time. I it started in 1988 with a 1980 4x4 long bed. When I was finished the build, it had a 13" spring lift a 3" body lift, a 4.1 Liter Buick V6, a 350 auto tranny, 529 gears and 39 X 18.5 Mickey Thompson's with 18" wide Weld HRV racing wheels. I have had 3 Tacoma's, a T-100, 2 first gen. Tundra's and the last was a 2007 Tundra with the 8' bed, access cab and the 5.8 motor. I lost is when the economy went down hill.
As for my newest Toy, I went to a local dealership in Phoenix in March of this year and test drove a new 2008 SWB they had on the lot and fell in love, (mid life crisis sports car).
So I now was in search for one I could afford. While searching Craig's List I keep seeing a 2005 SWD for sale real cheep. The low price was due to it having a Salvaged Title but I went a looked at it anyway. The truck was beautiful. I took it out for a good test drive, I drove the c--p out of it. It drove just like the new one I drove a week earlier. So I made a deal to have it inspected by the Department on Motor Vehicles in Phoenix which you have to do to register a salvage vehicle in AZ. They said the truck was perfect and could find no evidence of any damage except one small ding in the side of the bed. A little wheel-en and deal-en and $9500 later it was mine.
Since March I have done the stereo with a Pioneer double din and sub, new set on Michelin rubber and today I picked up a set of chrome stock X-Runner rims. Of all the rims out there I like those the best. I do not know what is next.

fmap4life

Reaction score
I had previously drove a 2000 sentra that got totalled the day I was to mobilize to camp shelby ,MS. I had just paid the car off and planned on driving it until every bolt came loose after I tightened em twice. The insurance company gave me all but 100 bux for what I paid for which i put over 132k miles on it, so it worked out, I Bought the car back and sold it to a friend losing 500, but what are friends for, went on an overseas journey and was looking at a truck and searched and searched and my heart was set on an X-Runner, I found some and the one I wanted was in houston, pimped out and had everything I wanted and more, but was SOLD, found one locally but the deal failed through from lack of communication, than saw one at a lot online right there where I would demobilize and called them via magicjack(all that was available over there besides DSN in office) and they confirmed still available, We got lucky and they still had it . I never test drove it, I walked in paid for it and walked out and left rubber there, I paid 16,900 for it with 33k miles 2007, I didnt even jew em down, I wonder if I could have, Man I suck

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^that price was pretty good for what y bought. I pretty much got the same deal when I bought mine. It's a 2005 with 34k on it and paid 16k in 2008 when I bought it. So we both bought 3 yr old trucks with the same mileage for the same price(almost). Mine was a lease return otherwise I woulda paid about 18,5-19k easily.

We got a steal brother:top:

sinister07

Reaction score
I looked for months before I finally found mine in texas and had to pay 900 bucks to have it shipped. but it was well worth it. just be patient and keep looking

CBRBob

Reaction score
None of the above. I wanted it black, they didnt have it. They got it from some other dealer.

o5oldblue

Reaction score
I bought mine from Precision Toyota in Tucson, AZ back in 2005 I traded in my 2005 Camry that I wrote a check for and owned for about 9 months(the camry that is)...I love this truck

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
saw it on the lot walked in said I wanna test drive that and said I'll take it before I heard the price

STONER-X

Reaction score
i originally didn't want the X.... (i know right??) i had set up a test drive with a 4x4 double cab with the 6-speed... they had one (red) when i got to toyota they said the truck was a special order and it was gone.. sold or something but the sales man said "let me let you drive one with the 6 speed so you can feel it"... i said cool.... so now here comes the 08 BSP with 15 miles on the OD.... we go for a drive and as soon as i pulled on to the feeder i was sold... went on the freeway and was happy then i told him that this is a performance truck so i wanted to hit up some twists and turns... i did and was amazed... got back to the dealer ship with 45 miles on the OD... left after our #'s didnt match up then went back on monday and bought it.... the truck had 52 miles when i got it and 22 out of those 52 were mine....

then at 7k or so i got the S/C now 52,000 later i still love the truck......

TomsXR

Reaction score
Wanted an X but only for the right price. Only place that was willing to deal was in Virginia...Drove up from Tampa, Fl traded my 02 Corolla which was eating oil for a new 09 X with 8 miles. Silly how a brand new 09 X was cheaper then a used 08.

ParisTexas

Reaction score
Sold my boat, didn't need the big Tundra 5.7, and have driven Toyota's strickly since 2001 (wife too). Saw the X-Runner on the web site, dealer could find me a BSP, so I ordered it and waited in line. While I waited, I ordered the S/C, Wheels, and the sound system, so it all worked out.

Reaction score
ebay 09bsp

I had an 07 prerunner 2.7 and I liked it a lot 30 miles plus per gallon but no fun to drive, so I started looking researched prices and looked for 3 months.

Finally saw one on Ebay and called the dealer in Louisville KY I asked him to take pictures of the suspension and all under the car total of 37 pics,the car looked great so I sent him a 500.00 deposit ans I asked him to do a trade for my 07 prerunner at 15,000.00 and I would take a check for the balance this was back in September 2010 09 BSP with 18000 miles it included a TRDCAI Rob is his name he let me have it for 19,000.00 out the door taxes tag doc stamps transfer WOW.

So I took my wife at 4am and drove 17 hrs and got a 675.00 ticket in Gerogia speed trap doing 88 on a 55 after drying my tears dropped my 07 and picked up my pearl when I was signing the paper there was a guy on the phone from Atlanta Georgia willing to come that day with a bag of money to purchase cash Sorry he had the car on Ebay for less than 24 hrs was asking 21,500.00
and that is my story of Pearl. :laugh:

Ivan

squidboy

Reaction score
I wanted one for the longest time and living in Oregon there doesn't seem to be a lot of them. The local dealer didn't get one in for over a year and most of the used ones I found were either abused or people were asking too much. I stalked the local Craigslist for a year until I found an absolutely immaculate 2007 TRD S/C RR locally that a guy needed to sell. He tossed in some snow tires and the tonneau cover as well. 18 months and many mods later....still love it and hope to keep it for years.

Swb Taco X

Reaction score
I got mine used. Like you I am from Canada and mine is imported from the states.

Top Bottom