Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HP Touchpad insane deals

Workman3886

Reaction score
So here is an update on my tablet order status, I ordered them late Friday night and the status hasn't changed since then!!! WTF, I'm thinking maybe the onslaught of orders just backed up the shipping process for a while.

I did manage to order 2 16gb ones off of costcentral.com, and the servers were SUPER SLOW due to traffic, but once again I haven't gotten a shipping notification and haven't had money deducted from my bank account. So either they are just backed up like crazy or I'm on the cancel list...

Workman3886

Reaction score
Well, this is had for me because I'm anti-apple, but here it goes...

The iPad is well, the best tablet ever made, it is super smooth, good user interface, easy to learn and fun to play with.

The HP Touchpad was suppose to be a serious iPad threat, and from the commercials it sure looked to be, but truth be told it's not, and no where near it.

The HP tablet isn't bad, it isn't great, it's useable and decent, and for the price you can't beat it. So honestly if you want a iPad wannabe, this isn't it, it you want a decent tablet that can browse the internet and play a few games, it's perfect!

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
hey thats good enough for me. i have the itouch and i think it will be an oversized itouch i would like it how you said to surf the web i would like it to have it handy. sometimes i get lazy to turn on the computer..:rofl:

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
amazon just sent me an email canceling my order.. whatta bunch of bullshit... they said the seller oversold what they had....
F'd up thing is, my bank accounts "available" balance is off by the purchase price...

called the bank, they said there's nothing they can do right now... said it should go back into my acct tonight at midnight, if not, call and they'll open a dispute...

thing that really pisses me off about it, I found the same deal on a few other sites and didn't order because I THOUGHT I had already bought 3 of them... can't find the deal now

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
amazon just sent me an email canceling my order.. whatta bunch of bullshit... they said the seller oversold what they had....
F'd up thing is, my bank accounts "available" balance is off by the purchase price...

called the bank, they said there's nothing they can do right now... said it should go back into my acct tonight at midnight, if not, call and they'll open a dispute...

thing that really pisses me off about it, I found the same deal on a few other sites and didn't order because I THOUGHT I had already bought 3 of them... can't find the deal now

Clinton if you find the deal somewheres else let me know please.

Workman3886

Reaction score
My co-workers order from Amazon got canceled today as well... seems like poor business to overshoot your sales by that much, he was pretty pissed off too.

The order I put through HP still hasn't shipped, but money has been out of my account since last Friday, and the order I put through costcentral.com hasn't been taken out of my bank account and hasn't shipped...

I'm sure it's a matter of time before the order get canceled...

nine9six

Reaction score
My friend bought one the day they came out, and he was able to get BestBuy to price-match (since he bought his 32GB @ full-price). He's going to keep his, but he bought an iPad just to have on-going support.

He's a WebOS SUPER fanboy, so it was hard for him to 'admit defeat' so soon. I mean, they were only out a month. HP had the wrong strategy, but...oh well. At least I got to download the Manny commercial.

"Sometimes when we touch...."

Millions of hits!! lol

Oh, and don't look at BestBuy. They 'lease' their stock, and when they realized they weren't going to sell out of the 500K units they ordered from HP...they sent the rest back. My friend had his parents looking everywhere in NY and he was looking here in Gainesville (and the surrounding areas). They were sold-out within minutes of the various stores opening.

My GF bought one the weekend they launched, and took it back the next day and got the iPad 2. I'm going to sell my iPad 2 (32GB) in February or March....gotta upgrade to the iPad 3. I need my Retina Display!

AsianTaco

Reaction score
Ehh, what's $99.00? Anyways I bought one. It's good to know people lol. I had a GM hold a few for me at Best Buy lol. They gave me a coupon for a free ShutterFly 20 page book too lol.

Top Bottom