Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I am effing mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05Xrunner

Reaction score
So its a really nice day..I come home from work and start to clean my truck all nice. So i get it done and my fuel light is on. I figure run down the corner to get some gas..I pull in the parking lot and other cars at the pumps..so I move around at like 1mph and I run over the fuel covers on the ground where they pump in the fuel for the under ground tanks. Well the lid flips when I did that and basically tore my driver side skirt off...Its hanging there and i push it on and its kind og only held by a clip or two. I am freaking mad so I put a few bucks in the tank and drive home..WHAT A STUPID design toyota has for these skirts....basically if they ever come off it breaks ALL the clips..also not to mention the tabs the clips go in thats part of the side skirt are held on by 1/64" of plastic. 3 of those on the skirt broke off. So now the skirt is off my truck..I have those 3 broke tabs from the skirt being glued back on with gorilla glue. I also put a bead of grilla glue on all the other ones to give them some more strength. So now I have no side skirt and I cant drive my truck till tuesday when the little pink tabs come in I ordered. TOYOTA...What a CRAPPY CRAPPY design for holding on the side skirt making it sooo brittle and weak.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
you think thats bad, you should see the pile of spare skirt body pieces I have on the side of my house :biggrin: I humbly agree on the horrible design flaw though.

COWBELL

Reaction score
Hell i would ask the gas station to pay for it... their lid is what did the damage! Just an idea.

sorry to hear about it though:frown:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
well its not expensive..the clips are only 91cents each so its only a 10dollar fix..its just I cant drive my truck now and its SOOOO nice out :(

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
I would still have filed a complaint at the station despite it being a cheap fix.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I was to mad..i just wanted to get my gas and get home and see about getting it fixed. I am glad those 3 tabs that broke off the side skirt didnt fall out and I wa able to glue them back in place.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear this bro. I dunno but i drive the hell out my truck and potholes and curbs and never ripped any off, even parked on neutral ground once for a fair.

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
feel for ya man. i have a similar perdicament on my hands, but a little worse. pics and story in my own thread soon.

05Xrunner

Reaction score
i wouldnt be so mad if it was gonna be like a crappy weekend..but its gonna be like the best weather since last Sept..80 and sunny and I cant use my truck till Tues :(

05Xrunner

Reaction score
yea they had to order them and wont be in till tues

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
Why can't you drive it with the skirt off till tuesday? I had to drive mine with 13.4k in accident damage while fighting with Farmers for a rental car for 2 1/2 weeks.

Murderface

Reaction score
well its not expensive..the clips are only 91cents each so its only a 10dollar fix..its just I cant drive my truck now and its SOOOO nice out :(

Quit being a moron and use zip ties to hold that beotch on! They work BETTER then the stupid clips and u can't see em anyway. I have pink zip ties holding half of my passenger side skirt on

Hitman

Reaction score
I was in the same situation but I went over a curb one night costed me 2 tires and both rocker panels (side skirts) I agree its suprising that those clips are what holds the skirts but I feel you I felt like I couldnt show off my ride when I drove becuase somehow I felt naked when I drove my XR like something was missing :( but my baby is almost complete im waiting for my last part to come in Rear Front skirt on the driver side I havent took pics of my ride since last August :( to me theres no point

05Xrunner

Reaction score
no way in hell I would drive my truck looking like a POS missing body parts..I will just wait till tues when the clips come in

KETCHUP

Reaction score
yea, ever since my truck was repainted I have had problems with mine. I agree, bad design!

07SWB

Reaction score
I feel ya man Thorley busted off my driver side skirt when putting my truck on the dyno for the prototype longtubes.. I was heated but they called and told me about it and ordered a new skirt before I could even complain

05H0TWHEELS

Reaction score
yea them side skirts are weak, actaully the whole body kit is weak just saying from my experience

Top Bottom