Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I HATE the local car wash!

Workman3886

Reaction score
So I figured I need to give my X a good cleaning, she was pretty dirty from the sanding I was doing in my garage last week. I don't have the stuff to wash my truck at my house, so I always take it to the one a few miles down my house by a McDonalds (go figure).

It's not the kind where you just sit in the truck, it's the kind you put in money in and actually wash your truck, I never had trouble there, until today...

So I put 5 bucks worth of quarters in, like I always do, and I had like 15 mins on the clock, so I soak her down with the hi-pressure soap spray, takes about a min... then it's time to use the brush...

THERE WAS NO FOAM, I waited for like 3 mins and it never came out, I was pissed! So I rinsed the soapy water off with just water and figured at least I could do a spot free rinse... WRONG!!!

They didn't have that either, or the hot wax, so I pretty much paid 5 bucks to rinse my truck off... :thumbdown:

dramad1

Reaction score
My wife's family owns one of those car washers. I would never use the brushes on you ride. They get left on the ground pick up rocks and slag. Good way to put swirls in your paint. It's alot of up keep as far as soap and salt pellets for the water softener. Also the trap clean up. Always full of mud and oil. Hazardous material. They plan on selli g it shortly. Losing to much money on the drive thru bay electric wash. Something breaks tac on another thousand. Just like a b.o.a.t. Lol sorry to here of you miss fortune. A paper clip will work wonders as far as free washes though. Small pin hole near change return. Stick it in there and there is a trip button. Turns it on for free. Not all but alot of them have this.

Slay0r

Reaction score
Ryan, DONT go to the one by McDonalds. Besides the problems u mentioned i've been to TONS of carwashes that forget the biggest point. It needs to run north to south NOT east to west so the Sun is constantly drying the water/soap and making water marks.

I'll show you the one i go to by our place down range on 22. It runs the right direction, but i got yelled at by the owner for having a bucket and washing my car. He said i was stealing. I told him he can get my $3 worth of quarters a week or not, IDGAF. but yeh thats the one i go to.

ps- u missed out on an EPIC tex-Fest, just got back a lil bit ago

rennurx

Reaction score
My local car wash took the paint off my side skirt, stupid automatic car wash..

Red_Hott

Reaction score
so when we putting a LA meet together?.....i think yall should come to the car show in jennings this weekend

Workman3886

Reaction score
I think I'm going to just put out for the stuff so I can wash the truck at home from now on, I always wondered about those brushes, never seemed that clean to me lol... I never thought about the way the sun rises and sets but makes sense, you're talking about the one across from Conoco right? I know that one runs north to south...

You have any pics from the Tex-fest, I plan on going to meet when I get a little more done to the truck...

I would Red_Hott but already made plans with the family this weekend, after two consecutive weeks on-call I need a break!!!

Slay0r

Reaction score
noo dont use their OR ANY brush. I bring my stuff with me. I have good washing stuff. i go there for shade and that pressure washer is more powerful than anything a hose can produce.

i personally dont have pix but there are pix a plenty in the tex fest thread

Murderface

Reaction score
I would never use any of those places especially owning a black truck. I wash my wash mits and shammys every week so that they are like new clean every time I use them, I'm that anal

Slay0r

Reaction score
u can use their water...just dont use brushes, bring ur stuff with you like i do.

Murderface

Reaction score
Naw I'm good, I usually have to run into the house to keep the 1 year old from beating up my 5 year old so leaving the property is a no go.......damn girls! What is it with girls? Always fighting and picking on each other!

Slay0r

Reaction score
i dont have kids, but i would imagine an xbox and/or tv could keep boys entertained for a good minute lol

Top Bottom