Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I need a MAF CAL tune for my mods

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I need a maf cal tune for my mods please ladies and gents. I'm not really sure on how to adjust them myself with a self tune nor do I have a place where I feel I can safely speed and run my vehicle at Wot. I bought the maf cal with an n/a tune and it gave the truck some more power. I finally asked Gadget for a tune a year or 2 ago and got a Trd intake tune and that gave the truck some more power. I know somebody on this site has a full tune with the same mods as me minus the apr cam gears. Trd intake, dtlt's, urd 3" exhaust with the maf cal. Who has this tune for those mods. Or the urd intake with same other mods. Thanks for any help. You can email me a tune at mrguy33391@aol.com

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I know somewhere on TW there is a thread of people sharing there tunes, never seen it myself, but I heard of it. Might have some luck there.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
I got the same set up and gonna have to get mine tuned wen I get home too!

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
haha ya i know! i tried looking at them and nothing showed up when i clicked on them

dramad1

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting gadget at urd. I would ask him first before I tried anywhere. Gl man

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
when i asked gadget about getting a tune for my setup he immediately said that it is best to get it custom tuned and not to just go by someone elses tune. my maf cal is currently tuned for my intake and exhaust but i will be installing the dtlt's this week! gonna attempt tuning it myself after i pick up a wideband. little nervous about doing the tune myself since this will be my first attempt

TacomaGus

Reaction score
also need a custom tune done i guess. Got my maf cal of a member on here who had his custome tuned for a gen 1 trd intake (so same as my afe stage 2 si) the urd y-pipe, and urd catback. I have the same intake as stated, an aero muffler w/ custom piping, and will be installing LT headers soon. So really the only difference currently on the truck is his y pipe to my stock one, but it still seems to be running decent

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
when i asked gadget about getting a tune for my setup he immediately said that it is best to get it custom tuned and not to just go by someone elses tune. my maf cal is currently tuned for my intake and exhaust but i will be installing the dtlt's this week! gonna attempt tuning it myself after i pick up a wideband. little nervous about doing the tune myself since this will be my first attempt

For any tuning device in order to get the best tune and most power it will be necessary to do a custom road tune. He does have several "base maps" available to the guys running certain mods. These are a great starting point, but many times some adjustments can be made to take full advantage of the maf cal. If you don't have a way of monitoring the AFR I wouldn't trust playing around with any map but one that you get from Gadget. Some serious damage could be done running a bad map.

Reaction score
I got my maf cal installed today. zeroed (10) everything on the fuel map til I can road tune.

TacomaGus

Reaction score
can anyone send me a link to download the tuning software? The guy i bought it from said that he didn't get a disc from gadget and his worked fine, mine isn't pulling anything up when i plug my comp into the unit

Reaction score
gadget sent me that base map for the first gen trd cai. I can forward it to you. post your email.

if you read the comments on the file. it tells you the mods associated with the map

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
For any tuning device in order to get the best tune and most power it will be necessary to do a custom road tune. He does have several "base maps" available to the guys running certain mods. These are a great starting point, but many times some adjustments can be made to take full advantage of the maf cal. If you don't have a way of monitoring the AFR I wouldn't trust playing around with any map but one that you get from Gadget. Some serious damage could be done running a bad map.

i ended up getting gadget to email me a new calibration but i haven't put it into the maf cal yet.....don't have a laptop. but it seems to be running fine for the moment!

TacomaGus

Reaction score
have had the gen 1 trd/afe stage 2 si intake map running for the past couple of days and wow what a difference! Truck pulls harder and I've been seeing much better MPG, especially for how much I've been on the gas. It feels even stronger taking the front plug out (AFE Version). Before i left the plug in cuz the resonance of the intake with the plug out when you'd get on it was such an annoying drone, but the maf cal really tones down the volume since its giving the truck the extra fuel it needs to mix with the extra air and create that power.

Really enjoying it and can't wait for my headers to be on this week!

Top Bottom