Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Is it totaled?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Make sure to stop by and check their work and progress, I heard nothing but good things about the body shop that repaired my truck. Had to bring it back 3 times. And shit still wasn't up to my standards.

Last edited:

hotrodt

Reaction score
Initial estimate is $7,201. When it is brought in for repairs, they will tear it down and see what else is bad. They said they cab is repairable.

I was almost spot on when I said 7000 in damage...woot woot

chatt x

Reaction score
I'm going to say not totaled. I actually bought my x in similar shape. Ran me about 2 g's to repair. My access door wasn't quite as bad. The one thing that the guy from the body shop was concerned with was the composite bed liner. He informed me that the liner was very expensive. It sounds like you may want it totalled so slip the adjuster a few Benjamin's! Good luck! And if it isn't totalled, find a body shop you can trust!!! No aftermarket and make sure they know it! Too many crooks out there!!!

AFP520

Reaction score
I'm going to say not totaled. I actually bought my x in similar shape. Ran me about 2 g's to repair. My access door wasn't quite as bad. The one thing that the guy from the body shop was concerned with was the composite bed liner. He informed me that the liner was very expensive. It sounds like you may want it totalled so slip the adjuster a few Benjamin's! Good luck! And if it isn't totalled, find a body shop you can trust!!! No aftermarket and make sure they know it! Too many crooks out there!!!
Well, the bed is cracked. I will talk to him when I drop off the truck in a little bit. My guess is that the shops estimate is going to be higher than the insurance company.

GR6RR

Reaction score
^ talk to the shop. they can push it over to the totaled side, once the tear down starts, they will call the adjuster back out.

AFP520

Reaction score
^ talk to the shop. they can push it over to the totaled side, once the tear down starts, they will call the adjuster back out.
yeah but the downside to that is the shop does not make money on the deal. They will get money for labor on checking it out + storage, but no more.

Murderface

Reaction score
The question is do u want it to be totaled? Do u want it to be so u can start over with a new project?

AFP520

Reaction score
The question is do u want it to be totaled? Do u want it to be so u can start over with a new project?
Honestly, yes. It's been hit 3 times that was not my fault, and this one is likely my fault. Regardless, as Gadget said, the value of the thing has probably just tanked. I've been in Toyota trucks since 2002 and this one has been the most problematic/headache of them all. And I didn't even really mod the thing!

autobodyX

Reaction score
Well, the bed is cracked. I will talk to him when I drop off the truck in a little bit. My guess is that the shops estimate is going to be higher than the insurance company.

My 8500.00 estimate figured a new bed floor. Still not going to total it, take the money and try to sell the truck before the shop eats you alive with labor and storage, you can always bring it back for repairs. I do this for a living man. It will bring more money with a clean title.

AFP520

Reaction score
Well I'll be damned. I'm a believer.

Brand new composite bed. There was an additional $3200 worth of damage underneath, so that put the repairs over 10K. I am shocked this wasn't totaled.

Attachments

• photo(6).jpg
    photo(6).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 94

trd_sport

Reaction score
Yeah mine had almost 9k in damage and i wish they had totaled it. I dread the day i go to trade it in or sell it.....im almost forced to keep it at this point unless i want to go after them for diminished value. Good luck.

5000XD

Reaction score
Good job! Glad it's repaired and looking pretty again.

Murderface

Reaction score
Looks good! Also looks like they forgot to put ur drop back on lol

AFP520

Reaction score
Looks good! Also looks like they forgot to put ur drop back on lol
Honestly I'm glad I'm not dropped. The roads blow here and for some reason they love to put 5FT curbs up everywhere (too many old people going through the front of stores)

Top Bottom