Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just bought some subs!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Today I bought a couple of Focal Performance Sub P 25 DB subs ,10 inch 4 ohm dual coil ! They obviously aren't here yet but I'm looking forward to doing something to my truck finally. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait to buy the amp ,but at least its a start . I'm going to try and build a SubX-Closure style box that'll hold the two 10's and then get it all wired up ,upholstered and ready for install ! My sound system project has finally begun! Just thought I'd share and start a thread ,because I know I'll have questions lol

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Today I bought a couple of Focal Performance Sub P 25 DB subs ,10 inch 4 ohm dual coil ! They obviously aren't here yet but I'm looking forward to doing something to my truck finally. Unfortunately I'm going to have to wait to buy the amp ,but at least its a start . I'm going to try and build a SubX-Closure style box that'll hold the two 10's and then get it all wired up ,upholstered and ready for install ! My sound system project has finally begun! Just thought I'd share and start a thread ,because I know I'll have questions lol
Good luck with the build man that would be nice to get 2 10's in a SubX style box. I was thinking fiberglass box if I went with 2 but Its still in the air.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
As soon as I get my tape compass that I ordered I'll be able to start designing the box . I already designed one for two 8's . I'll probably just adapt those plans to this one and just widen the box a bit ! I only need .88 -1.59 cuft for each sub ! So, it seems to be doable !

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Yea thats not bad at all for airspace and if u go up with it ull still have some room as well.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
This "build", if you want to call it that , has spent a long time in waiting lol.... My truck is starting to show its age and needs to be updated ! I'll also be replacing the carpeting with new black carpet and then try to figure out how to mount three way speakers into the doors ,so it looks stock . I'll need a new head unit along with a steering wheel interface to be able to control it .... Ugh lots of money lol

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
Yea I hear you Im getting ready to dump a whole lot of money into mine once I get home. As far as the three ways went I was lasy and had my buddies shop do it, he said free and I said its for me.lol Im getting rid of the W7 and going with a W6 in a SubX style box more then likely with a JL slash 500/1. Tired of taking that big a** box for the W7 in and out if the kids wanna ride in the truck!!!

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
I run focal components up front and a 10" sub in one of our sub boxes, they are the cleanest sounding speakers around. You may have trouble getting the air space for 2 in a subx style box, they like around a cube a piece. And they are supposed to be ported

Ah, would help if i read the whole thread. If you don't mind going wider then you won't have an issue. But the basic subx fot a 10 is about 1.25cu if you can, down fire the subs, it works wonders in the tacos for volume.

Last edited:

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Well I should be able to manage to get the recommended volume for each of the subs ! Focal recommends .88 -1.59 cubic feet for one . They'll be down firing. I may have to go 14 to 16 inches wide to get the space . I'm using a 2ft radius . So at a foot wide my volume would be at least 2cubic ft ( Actual Volume 3.14 cubic ft). Using the formula Pi (R^2) H / 4.. To get my volume !

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
i believe ours are a 13" radius and we are very close to hitting the center console as it is,

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I think I'll be able to manage to get the air space I need to pull it off! The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the price of the amp ! $1000 for the mono and then the 4 channel once I buy the speakers will be $1200 !

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Look into arc audio, i run My fronts and sub off of their 3 channel.

jboy671

Reaction score
Here's an idea of what a 1.5 ft^3 ported enclosure for one 10" tuned to 32Hz looks like at its minimum. When I built this I wanted to keep the back seats functional. This box is 7 months now and still holding strong.

Design
taco_ac-port_design.jpg

Box
taco_ac-port1.jpg

taco_ac-port2.jpg

Port hole
taco_ac-port3.jpg

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I'm still making up my mind on how I want to mount my two new acquisitions lol

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Well my subs are due to arrive tomorrow . However I'm still up in the air on how to mount them ! I'm now considering a split box design with the subs mounted low back to back and facing out ,away from each other , instead of down . This way both air spaces will be identical !

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Make sure you wire them out of phase assuming your mounting the other one symetrical

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Yes,they'll be mounted symmetrically ....They won't be sharing the same air space ,if that's what you mean ,they'll be separated by a 3/4 inch piece of MDF. I'm planning on wiring them together on a mono amp at 1ohm ! I've never heard of out phase though. I'm kind of new at this !

Last edited:

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
How are you going to get 1.25cuft for each sub, that box without a divider is probably 1.25

Top Bottom