Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Just a thought. Hopefully this is in the proper section.

I'm wondering if Lexus IS300 brakes would fit.

I found a junk yard that will sell me the calipers, pads, rotors, and flex line for $150.

I don't have a whole lot of brake knowledge other than my regular cab brakes are horrible.

I'd rather stick to stock parts vice a BBK.

Anything I should think about, other than warranties, problems I might run into?

I think a little fabrication might need to be done, but I think it would be minimal, if at all.

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I've got a thread on here somewhere about this. I used is350 rotors and 4x4 Tacoma calipers. The is350 calipers ain't happening without some crazy wheels. I uses xrunner steel lines. I also had to grind a good bit off the ridge on the outside of the caliper to make it work. Custom brackets had to be made as well. A lot of work, but a he'll of an improvement, and only 6 or 7 hundred using parts house parts.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=43865&highlight=Is350+adapting

Last edited:

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
I've got a thread on here somewhere about this. I used is350 rotors and 4x4 Tacoma calipers. The is350 calipers ain't happening without some crazy wheels. I uses xrunner steel lines. I also had to grind a good bit off the ridge on the outside of the caliper to make it work. Custom brackets had to be made as well. A lot of work, but a he'll of an improvement, and only 6 or 7 hundred using parts house parts.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=43865&highlight=Is350+adapting

I don't understand what was going on there.

You have a 4x4 and wanted to put the IS350 brakes on it?

I want to try the IS300 brakes on it. I believe them to be a little smaller than the 350, but still larger than my base model.

Hell, all I really would want is a better caliper.

darthyota

Reaction score
Why would you have to use crazy wheels to get the is 350 calipers to work? And what do you mean by crazy?

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Why would you have to use crazy wheels to get the is 350 calipers to work? And what do you mean by crazy?

I dunno man, that's where I got lost, and having a 6 lug truck and attempting to fit 5 lug brakes?

I have XR wheels, so I don't think any modifications (grinding) of the IS300 calipers would be needed.

kelson

Reaction score
honestly idunne. i haven't seen is 300 brakes up close. i know they share the same lug pattern as us, do they mount in a similar way to our brakes?

would bore sizes need to be the same as well? or is that irrelevant? lol idk.

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
honestly idunne. i haven't seen is 300 brakes up close. i know they share the same lug pattern as us, do they mount in a similar way to our brakes?

would bore sizes need to be the same as well? or is that irrelevant? lol idk.

Yea, no clue. lol

Thats why I'm asking. haha

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Check on the caliper bracket. If the bracket can be swapped over to our trucks it may end up being fairly simple. Otherwise I'm sure a custom caliper bracket would need to be made. I'm sure its a doable swap, but how much extra fab work is it going to take is the real question.
Try it out and let us know. :top:

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Check on the caliper bracket. If the bracket can be swapped over to our trucks it may end up being fairly simple. Otherwise I'm sure a custom caliper bracket would need to be made. I'm sure its a doable swap, but how much extra fab work is it going to take is the real question.
Try it out and let us know. :top:

That's what I'm thinking.

Just waiting on funding right now. lol

sweetwilliebrownjr

Reaction score
I misread the post, I thought it said is350, not 300. But my truck is five lug, not six. The wheels would have to flare out in the middle to clear the calipers. They hit with the stock xr wheels. Either that or a spacer, but being hub centric creates problems with the 1/8 in spacer needed. No way to center the wheel. Sorry for my confusion causing you're confusion.

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Willie has an Xr Ryan, not a 4x4....

Oh.

I misread the post, I thought it said is350, not 300. But my truck is five lug, not six. The wheels would have to flare out in the middle to clear the calipers. They hit with the stock xr wheels. Either that or a spacer, but being hub centric creates problems with the 1/8 in spacer needed. No way to center the wheel. Sorry for my confusion causing you're confusion.

No worries brother. :cheers:

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Just a thought. Hopefully this is in the proper section.

I'm wondering if Lexus IS300 brakes would fit.

I found a junk yard that will sell me the calipers, pads, rotors, and flex line for $150.

I don't have a whole lot of brake knowledge other than my regular cab brakes are horrible.

I'd rather stick to stock parts vice a BBK.

Anything I should think about, other than warranties, problems I might run into?

I think a little fabrication might need to be done, but I think it would be minimal, if at all.

RYAN!!!!!!! its detective_dan off TW. why did u get banned?

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
RYAN!!!!!!! its detective_dan off TW. why did u get banned?

lol Instigation and harassment, according to whichever mod banned me for a week.

Was messing with that lilredstud kid. (But who doesn't?) lol

Someone posted his phone number in Live, so I reposted it in big pink letters. haha

Murderface

Reaction score
now if ur talking about using IS300 fronts or rears? I doubt either would bolt right on because if so it wouldve been done already I' sure

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
lol Instigation and harassment, according to whichever mod banned me for a week.

Was messing with that lilredstud kid. (But who doesn't?) lol

Someone posted his phone number in Live, so I reposted it in big pink letters. haha

Lol gay. They swing the ban hammer too much

butters607

Reaction score
Just fronts.

I'm hoping they will go on with minimal headaches.

Do they have the same plugins for the abs might wanna start there also would the trd bbk brackets work or no?

Last edited:

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Do they have the same plugins for the abs might wanna start there also would the trd bbk brackets work or no?

No clue. Hmm

I guess it would be cool if someone just made better calipers that fit out trucks.

Base model and XR's share the same brakes.

To be honest, I don't know how you guys handle that power with such garbage front brakes.

Top Bottom