Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

darthyota

Reaction score
rotor and pad upgrades? trd bbk or one of the tundra racing bbks

triumphx

Reaction score
Just save alot of time and headache and go with the reasonably priced ssbc 332mm dual piston upgrade from tundraracing. (threadjack) Does ayone know if stock tundra brakes will fit in the rear? I know that tundraracing has the rear disk conversion but is there any special brackets or parts?

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
rotor and pad upgrades? trd bbk or one of the tundra racing bbks

I have ceramics and stainless lines.

First post says I'd like to stay away from the BBK's. :top:

Just save alot of time and headache and go with the reasonably priced ssbc 332mm dual piston upgrade from tundraracing. (threadjack) Does ayone know if stock tundra brakes will fit in the rear? I know that tundraracing has the rear disk conversion but is there any special brackets or parts?

Is it just a caliper upgrade that uses the stock size pads, or a BBK?

I'm off to go find this link. Edit: is that what you're talking about, the BBK? http://tundraracing.com/frontbrakekit.htm

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
No clue. Hmm

I guess it would be cool if someone just made better calipers that fit out trucks.

Base model and XR's share the same brakes.

To be honest, I don't know how you guys handle that power with such garbage front brakes.

oh it is tough to stop I had a really hard time stopping at san Antonio speedway when I went there.....

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

Tundras have a different bolt pattern.
What do you mean by special brackets or parts? I'm sure all the different aftermarket brake kits include special brackets and parts... :dontknow:

darthyota

Reaction score

I'm off to go find this link. Edit: is that what you're talking about, the BBK? http://tundraracing.com/frontbrakekit.htm

I know that that's what the first post said but that's pretty much your only off the shelf options. As far as your pads go get rid of the ceramics get some hawk blues or some ebc red or yellow pads. Ceramic pads are good for low dust and long life and not for aggressive stopping power

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
No clue. Hmm

I guess it would be cool if someone just made better calipers that fit out trucks.

Base model and XR's share the same brakes.

To be honest, I don't know how you guys handle that power with such garbage front brakes.

Haha. Most do fine...but if you drive like i do :ahhhhh:....

Not just better calipers, we need bigger rotors too. Stock sized rotors cant handle hard stops.

Attachments

• 2010-12-20 12.46.25.jpg
    2010-12-20 12.46.25.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 158

triumphx

Reaction score

Yes thats them, theyre my next upgrade after wheels and traction bars

Tundras have a different bolt pattern.
What do you mean by special brackets or parts? I'm sure all the different aftermarket brake kits include special brackets and parts... :dontknow:
I understand theyre a diff bolt pattern, tundraracing sales a rear disc conversion for the xr which they state its the tundra rear brakes. Besides having to redrill the rotors(if possible) would they work right off of a tundra? I was just wondering if anyone has tried this before i call them monday. The kit is too expensive for what it is

Last edited:

burnboy

Reaction score
Yes, the tundra racing ssbc 2 piston caliper and is 350 rotor upgrade is tits. Like $900 total package for silver calipers. Stainless lines and all. They have a clip that holds the pad to the pistons to keep squeal away. Killer brake upgrade for less than a grand. Can't beat it. I don't know why willie went through the trouble of making a kit from a 4x4. The ssbc pad is available from hawk, akebono, and many other company's so the pads are readily available from tire rack or chevrolet or oreily auto parts. And 3 times the stopping power. If you want the challange or just to be different so be it. But you really can't beat the ssbc kit

ryanjboutin

Reaction score
Yes, the tundra racing ssbc 2 piston caliper and is 350 rotor upgrade is tits. Like $900 total package for silver calipers. Stainless lines and all. They have a clip that holds the pad to the pistons to keep squeal away. Killer brake upgrade for less than a grand. Can't beat it. I don't know why willie went through the trouble of making a kit from a 4x4. The ssbc pad is available from hawk, akebono, and many other company's so the pads are readily available from tire rack or chevrolet or oreily auto parts. And 3 times the stopping power. If you want the challange or just to be different so be it. But you really can't beat the ssbc kit

After looking into everything over the last week. I'll have to agree with you.

Seems like the SSBC kit is well worth the money, and it's the least expensive one as well.

So if you get their kit, where do you get replacement rotors from?

Do they supply a manufacturers part number for the pads and rotors?

darthyota

Reaction score
Pm christ denied he has that brake kit I think and has been very happy with it

burnboy

Reaction score
Its an is350 rotor. All they do is have a machine shop cut or drill and or cut and drill the rotor. Otherwise its just an is 350 rotor.

Murderface

Reaction score
After looking into everything over the last week. I'll have to agree with you.

Seems like the SSBC kit is well worth the money, and it's the least expensive one as well.

So if you get their kit, where do you get replacement rotors from?

Do they supply a manufacturers part number for the pads and rotors?

I just Googled 1992 Camaro front pads and the first link was for Hawk pads which are the same size/style that can be used for the TR 332mm BBK, look like this below. These are the same ones used on various Buicks and Chevys so there should never be an issue finding replacements or upgrades. I forget what the actual part# is for them but I'll keep searching for ya.
5363d6ae.jpg

I'll look up the rotors too since they're pretty easy to find as well

Top Bottom