Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Low tire pressure gauge going loco!

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Well since last night I was riding around and the low tire pressure has been blinking on and off (I'm guessing cause of the new wheels :dontknow: )...it's getting real annoying. Did anyone have this problem? What should I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance :top:

DOGO X

Reaction score
Can you disasembly the sensor? :dontknow:

DOGO X

Reaction score
I will check on CT and let you know. I know this happend before. What they didi is transfer the sensor on the OEM wheel into the new tire or some like that. But again I have to double check on CT for you. :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get them to transfer the valve stems from your stockers? Also, if you want you can reset the tire pressure system by holding down the SET button under your steering wheel. This should make the light go off since it will reset to zero if you don't have the stocker valve stems.

xtoplinex

Reaction score
Did you get them to transfer the valve stems from your stockers? Also, if you want you can reset the tire pressure system by holding down the SET button under your steering wheel. This should make the light go off since it will reset to zero if you don't have the stocker valve stems.

It doesn't have the stocker valve stems...and I tried the set button...didn't work though :dontknow:

Matt's06

Reaction score
You can put your preasure sensors in a wheel barrow tire. That is what someone on CT did.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Well since last night I was riding around and the low tire pressure has been blinking on and off (I'm guessing cause of the new wheels :dontknow: )...it's getting real annoying. Did anyone have this problem? What should I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance :top:

Please tell me that when you got new wheels they swapped the sensors over?
If not, that light will not be going off until that is done. With the light "blinking" im assuming the sensors are not there. If you have a lot of trouble with it, PM me and ill walk you through what you need to do.

xtoplinex

Reaction score
the flashing light went away. :dontknow: how weird..:laugh: ...can't complain here.

alaxrunner

Reaction score
when i had mine done it came on and stayed on untill i had them change the sensors over from the stok wheels, since then no problems.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
icon1.gif
Tire light information I had originally posted this on CT thought it was good info.
There are 2 different types of tire pressure warning systems on Toyotas, one has the regular rubber valve stems which these use the wheel speed sensors on each wheel for ABS to calculate the rotation of the tire as the tire get lower the speed of the tire changes causing the low tire light to come on, The other system has metal valve stems and these have the sensors inside of each rim, depending on what model you may have one in the spare or not, the trucks usually have all five and like the new Camrys they only have four sensors,They calculate tire pressure and temperature and are wireless and send a signal to a computer mounted inside the center of the vehicle. Not all of the metal valve stem type have a reset button under the drivers dash or steering column , the ones that do not will reset themselves after the vehicle is started, I have found that you should run a little higher pressure than normal because they will kick a light on at 26 to 28 psi and you know how tire pressures go up and down with temperature and another thing is checking tires hot they will be higher and than when they cool down they will be lower. If all your tire pressures are good let's say 38 psi and you've reset your tire pressure light if you have one and the light comes back on than the problem may be in the sensor itself and you will have to use a scan tool to verify this. All the metal stem type are coded with different ID numbers and have to be programmed by a scan tool so you can not take one set of tires with sensors and put on another vehicle because those sensors where not programmed to that vehicle. Sorry this is so long but a lot of people don't understand these systems and maybe this will help .

Note :If you have a reset button turn the key on and wait for the tire light to go off and then press and hold the tire light reset button until the light flashes 3 times and than release it should be reset.

Top Bottom