Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Luminous Solutions HID KIT Ballast Issue

mrguy33391

Reaction score
About 1 month ago my drivers side 6k HID headlight went out. I looked around the wiring and everything seemed to be connected and normal. The passenger side is working just fine. So I took out both bulbs and tested them on both sides. Both of the bulbs work in the passenger side, so I thought my drivers side slim HID ballast isn't working. I did another test of the wiring by putting my factory bulbs back in and both sides worked just fine. So I'm back to the conclusion of the driver's side slim ballast no longer working. I sent a message to Luminous Solutions and he has not gotten back to me. Note: This slim HID kit was bought about 8 months ago brand new. I believe Luminous Solutions is not on the site much because he sold his X and doesn't really sell the kits anymore to my knowledge. Not being mean or anything, just need a solution. I'm tired of being back to my stock lights.

Long story short, I just need some info on where I can get an exact match ballast or turn mine in for warranty. Thanks for any help.

rich017

Reaction score
Good Luck getting a hold of him.

I had nothing but problems with the customer service. Took like 7 months to send replacement bulbs after numerous ignored emails and PM's. Before that I had a ballast issue that never got fixed so I had to buy another one.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you actually tried swapping ballasts to make sure the problem follows the ballast? It could also be the connection at the relay. That's what went bad on my kit after 3 yrs. I don't think Jason is in business any longer. I do know a company that can get you replacement parts. Make sure it is indeed a ballast first and report back.

J

JDUB916

Dude, I'm gonna try to see my truck one more time to get my bass adjustment kno. Before insurance takes it to the scrap yard, if Im able to, I grab my ballasts for u, can't promise anything though, keep ur fingers crossed

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Alright thanks. My brother thinks he found the problem. We rehooked up the headlights without using the piece that make it a hi/lo kit. He used some new wires and just hooked up them to run on low beam only and they work. Of course when I try to turn on my hi's the headlights just go out, which is ok for now. I'm running my hid's just using low beam for everything.

undergourndfun

Reaction score
About 1 month ago my drivers side 6k HID headlight went out. I looked around the wiring and everything seemed to be connected and normal. The passenger side is working just fine. So I took out both bulbs and tested them on both sides. Both of the bulbs work in the passenger side, so I thought my drivers side slim HID ballast isn't working. I did another test of the wiring by putting my factory bulbs back in and both sides worked just fine. So I'm back to the conclusion of the driver's side slim ballast no longer working. I sent a message to Luminous Solutions and he has not gotten back to me. Note: This slim HID kit was bought about 8 months ago brand new. I believe Luminous Solutions is not on the site much because he sold his X and doesn't really sell the kits anymore to my knowledge. Not being mean or anything, just need a solution. I'm tired of being back to my stock lights.

Long story short, I just need some info on where I can get an exact match ballast or turn mine in for warranty. Thanks for any help.

You should keep email them or calling them untill they give you the new ballast replacement.I am sure they offer like at least 18 month warranty right?

L3G10N

Reaction score
lol, i'm still waiting for the correct fog light bulbs i asked for almost a year ago.

anyone want an hid foglight kit with the wrong ****ing bulbs that don't ****ing fit?

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Top Bottom