Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mid pipe question

W3LCH

Reaction score
So I have DTLT's with Borla cat-back and was wondering how to get more sound without losing back pressure since I hear you do with the URD y-pipe since I'm N/A... I was looking at the DT Pipebombs but I hear you have to do some fitting since they don't just bolt right up. Any ideas would be much appreciated.:top:

butters607

Reaction score
hey search the dt pipe bomb on here not too good of reviews bro just a heads up but totally your decision

W3LCH

Reaction score
Yea that's why I'm trying to finds some alternatives and not loose back pressure I just want more sound.

Murderface

Reaction score
I had a DT pipe bomb on my truck for about an hour before taking it off. The materials used is just junk(aluminized steel=POOP). the reason I took it off was because of the rasp and I wasn't willing to hack up my catback at the time to install a 2nd muffler. Ur better off just getting a URD 4X4 Y pipe and then add a second muffler right after the flange on the catback.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I don't know much about exhaust but I ran my Mazda with header and no cat or muffler, just a double baffled tip out the side before the back wheel for 15 years. If you go from a 2.25 dia to 3", I don't think there is a lot of back pressure left.

W3LCH

Reaction score
I want something that's loud but I can still handle on trips....

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
If you have it to loud, you'll attract the wrong people.

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
If your willing to cut on your y pipe, then I would say cut out the cats and hollow them out and weld them back in. The actual y pipe is what is creating your back pressure. Because all the pipe reduction and expansions are what create the back pressure.

W3LCH

Reaction score
If your willing to cut on your y pipe, then I would say cut out the cats and hollow them out and weld them back in. The actual y pipe is what is creating your back pressure. Because all the pipe reduction and expansions are what create the back pressure.

Is this a bad idea?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
No, as long as you don't have sniffer inspections in nc. It will definently livin up the sound of the exhaust. I currently have mine done this way with npt problems. The rear cats are not monitored, so by gutting them its not going to throw codes.

W3LCH

Reaction score
I might need to do it what setup do you have shaggy and do you have a clip?

shaggy08xr

Reaction score
I currently have jba shorties with gutted front and rear cats and a 3" Magnaflow catback. The only sound clip o have currently is my jba's, gutted front cats and 3" Magnaflow catback. I haven't done a new one since I gutted the rear cats.

player.swf

KETCHUP

Reaction score
URD Y and buy high flow cats. I think Coupe is running this set up. You will loose some back pressure, but if you are going boost later, it will be worth it.

W3LCH

Reaction score
Thank Ketchup but i dont know if ill boost eventually i dont make much $ lol and congrats on getting your truck back and running looks great:top:

Coupe

Reaction score
If you loose your rear cats and add the URD Y pipe, it will be pretty loud. You can live it, but may be annoying on a long trip. I added Magnaflows Hiflow mini cats. It quieted it down a bit.

W3LCH

Reaction score
That's sounds good I'll do that! Thanx Coupe:top:

Coupe

Reaction score
The URD Y pipe is a nice piece.

T56shift056.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom