Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mishimoto oil cooler kits

DanO

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the Mishimoto oil cooler kits? They seem pretty reasonable, but don't know if the universal kit will fit or where. http://www.redlinemotive.com/part-number/mishimoto/mmoc-u.asp. I know that they are air cooled vs water cooled for the OEM, but are less than half the price and I would think if they would be able to be mounted behind the grille below the bumper that it might help. Or does anyone think that it isn't worth the effort or that it won't be of any help?

Gadget

Reaction score
The add for that is giving out bad info. The oil temp gets its hottest during high speed driving, like long trips on the highway. Stop and go driving does not get the oil hot.

Anyway, if you are going to use an oil cooler like that make sure you get one that is thermostatically controlled so you can maintain a minimum oil temp which is critical. Over cooling the oil is a bad thing.

G

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I think I would rather buy the spacer kit for the oil pan and run an extra quart of oil in the system.

butters607

Reaction score
The add for that is giving out bad info. The oil temp gets its hottest during high speed driving, like long trips on the highway. Stop and go driving does not get the oil hot.

Anyway, if you are going to use an oil cooler like that make sure you get one that is thermostatically controlled so you can maintain a minimum oil temp which is critical. Over cooling the oil is a bad thing.

G

This is exactly right proven on my trip to Houston for texfest it got the hottest it's ever gotten on my long road trip

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I think I would rather buy the spacer kit for the oil pan and run an extra quart of oil in the system.

So your saying an oil cooler is pointless? Yes the spacer helps with starvation but doesn't help with hot oil.

Top Bottom