Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

modded C2C drop

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Ok, I decided to post my results of changing the C2C 1 3/4" to a 1" using the same grade 10 bolts. I had a machine shop cut the bolts on a lathe to preserve the hardness. The resulting change was a drop on exactly 1". Using the 2" blocks the truck sits almost level with a slight forward rake. Sorry for the crappy pics. It's hard to tell with the lousy camera angles I took. I have room to spare clearing my driveway and I still have some drop. I like it. Not so extreme and I can still haul when I neeed to.:biggrin: Oops, sorry no pics. I've exceeded my limit on image size....bummer man! I know. I post these in my gallery. Look there under Tacoturbo.

Admin Edit: Included Photos
DSCN0903.JPG

DSCN0905.JPG

DSCN0901.JPG

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

akakrill

Reaction score
Please describe what you did?

Looking at all the parts in the kit....You turned down the bolts and spacers an a lathe or just the spacers and bought new bolts? Were the blocks in the rear were bought seperate or did they come with the 1.75 drop?

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. The blocks were from C2C.I think I got one of the last to be supplied with it. Very solid steel blocks. I wondered how Rob from C2C could ship them to me in Hawaii from Florida for only 13 bucks. I knew he lost money on the shipping when I felt how heavy the box was. I coulndn't post all my images because of their size. I have them up in my gallery. The camber is at stock fact. specs. I forgot to get the printout from the machine. The grille is from performance products, they had a special at the time. The install was a piece of cake. The bolts were cut in two using a cutting insert. Each sleeve was cut into a 1" and 3/4" section. Look at the photos in the gallery section and you get the idea. The stock bolts were used. Do not use a cutting wheel. The heat from that can change the hardness rating of the sleeves and bolts. So now the drop is 1" front and 2" rear. I love the looks of the X with the DJM 3/4 ikt but I will not drive anything that scrapes the tires. I ain't gonna spend big bucks for wheels and tires that rub like crazy and ruin my ride. Just not worth it for me. I also need to haul stuff once in a while, I don't want to bottom out carrying just a case of beer! Know what I mean Vern?? :rock:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
yeah you can use a band saw to cut the sleeves .you'd be surprised how fast you can make those sleeves with a band saw & and c&c machine. about less than 5 minutes.:top:

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Mahalo! (Thank you in Hawaiian) for the nice comments.:biggrin:

Steve

tacoturbo

Reaction score
BTW, I'd love to see someone do a SWB with gray metal flake strips like mine. Would look awesome IMO. Maybe someone can photoshop one?

Steve

project-c2

Reaction score
Nice truck from the 808. I just installed the SOS kit. Didn't want to go too low either. Our roasd suck.

tacoturbo

Reaction score
You ain't kidding! I was there on Wednesday for Toyota training and O'ahu roads make kauai look like it's just been paved. Makes me wonder how anyone can run 30 to 35 series tires and not bend a rim. Just plain scary.

Steve

xrunnerkev

Reaction score
What about the angle change on the drive shaft? Is there a certain drop for the front and the back that keep the same angle as stock?

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
no rear end pinion change till around 4" drop and beyond.:top:

Top Bottom