Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My Need For Speed

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Time to add a forward facing bumper cam for passing other cars! :top:

Ive heard of the idea but I also heard talk that it's not the best. Still probably would be better then stretching my neck/body across to the passenger side haha

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
To Torspd -> here's a legit update for what's going on with the GTR

Finished all the carbon fiber wrapping. The side of the door got finished for now it looks more complete and the plastic was all scratched, this made it look way better.

As well I ripped out the headlights and that's how the car is sitting right now with the headlights out still waiting on two parts before I can throw them back in.

Here's a preview of the headlights that are going in :D

Bad news is that I got one wicked rock chip in the windshield, now that's gotta get replaced -.-' you can see the chip in the picture above

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Well if its not waiting on parts theres always more issues that end up ordering more parts lol

Finally got my side marker light plug after a week or so. Excited today to get the headlights in, i run into more headaches

Finding spots for 2 ballasts on each side isnt easy on how cramped my engine bay is, so you do what you can and tuck em the front bumper support beams and under the intake box!

Once you get all of connections connected and working your well on your way to putting the headlights nice and tight until you realize they dont fit like there suppose to

Massive gaps between the front bumper and the front of the headlight so im gonna get some spacers which are now on order to get the headlights where they need to be.

BUUUUT heres a shot on how there gonna look like when i get the headlights to their proper spot:D

Last edited:

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Sweet... Looks good... Where did u find we again... Buddy of mine is lookin for a 34.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Sweet... Looks good... Where did u find we again... Buddy of mine is lookin for a 34.

What's in red huuuuh?

I was lucky to find two of the ballasts I ordered from you like a year ago still brand new !

Well if your friend is in the United States he won't be getting one to easily lol unlike in Canada there's only one model that's legal here which is the GTS-T I believe. Next year the GTR version will be legal but then that's in Canada man

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
U got it..thanks... I was asking where did u get your car from.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
U got it..thanks... I was asking where did u get your car from.

oooo, originally you win the car from Japan off an auction site, then get it shipped wherever its going. I had a guy do that process for me that I bought the car from. Usually it's a long process that can take up to 2 months with going through shipment and border regulations

Your friend can look into an 88-89 R32 and won't have any problems in the United States since that is 25 years and older

Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Recommendations for a handler? Who, where?

Uhhhh, since your all the way in Florida, I can't help you there man, sorry.

I had a personal guy up in my town import the car itself. I know import shops can do them too but your playing one hell of a gamble because I've heard stories that some are beater R32's. So you could end up fixing it more then you'll drive it.

I know there are a few shops in British Columbia and even in the city of Vancouver. I dunno if you'd wanna go through a Canadian company? lol

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
new headlights look wicked man!

Thanks! With HID's taken care of and waiting on those spacers, I've gotta start saving up for engine mods! I'm still figuring what turbo kit I want for I can start peicing together everything and get all the supporting mods. Probably will start buying the parts when winter comes around when the car is in storage.

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Last edited:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Small update on the car, got two Apexi Intake Pods second hand from a friend who owns an R33 as well. For 100$ I said sure, at least it gets rid of the air box! After some much needed cleaning in the intake piping everything was back together.

So my friend suggested I can start deleting unnecessary systems in my car. Example my charcoal canister for emissions purposes. What we did delete though was the venting line for my blow off valves. Modded them for they were atmospherely vented for I can hear them when I'm boosting on and off!

Off course I ran into an issue where once that mod was done the engine wanted to die. We found out the OEM blow off valves where open during idle. So we replaced the whole OEM set up with a single Greddy blow off valve he had laying around in his spare parts.

The car is running fine now and I can really hear that blow off valve now! As well got to order the start of my parts.

Last edited:
Top Bottom