Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My SubEnclosure - Comments welcome

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Somewhat new here, deployed and missing my '06 RR X-runner so I was browsing thru my photos online and thought I'd share a couple pictures of the sub-enclosure I had made a year or so:

Enclosure still allows anorexic folks to sit in the back....I've had 2 co-workers back there on lunch runs, but it wouldn't work for more than a couple miles!!

Sub-Enclosure-L.jpg

Tasty Goodness inside (JL Audio 10W6V2):

Sub-in-Enclosure-L.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as I didn't want anything too flashy...

Last edited:

Scarface

Reaction score
That thing is extremely tasteful. btw, it'll be over before you know it. Where do you call home stateside?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments, but Maximum Audio/Video deserves all the credit - they did a great job!!
I told them what I was looking for and that's what I came back to find in the truck a couple days later!!
I'm very pleased with how it turned out. The X-Runner and Toyota logos cost extra (of course) but were worth it!!

That thing is extremely tasteful. btw, it'll be over before you know it. Where do you call home stateside?

I'm in Land O Lakes, FL - Just north of Tampa

As for the deployment, yeah I know. I'm a contractor and this is my 5th time over here - still sucks though :laugh:

RRCanuck

Reaction score
It looks good man. Kinda looks like a beer cooler.:blurock:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks good man. Kinda looks like a beer cooler.:blurock:

Only a Canadian sees a beer cooler outta that:biggrin:

Haha nice work man:top:

All these posts lately sounds like someone is getting very excited to come back stateside and go rip'n in their truck:blurock:

Can't wait to see what mods you do when your home! Til then stay safe bud!

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Only a Canadian sees a beer cooler outta that:biggrin:

Haha nice work man:top:

All these posts lately sounds like someone is getting very excited to come back stateside and go rip'n in their truck:blurock:

Can't wait to see what mods you do when your home! Til then stay safe bud!

Truck, Gold Wing, Vstrom, any one of them!!! CANNOT WAIT!!

As far as SAFE goes, biggest danger HERE is dying of BOREDOM!! LOL
Well, unless Iran decides to try to unleash a can o whoop-AXX :laugh:
Then we're just a few minutes away by missile-flight!!

Shouldn't be on here P.U.I. LOL
[Posting Under the Influence] ==»» :biggrin:

MonteSS8707

Reaction score
Nice sub box! I really like that. Still trying to figure out what I'm gna do when I put subs in mine.

J_StradaXR

Banned
Reaction score
MonteSS8707 said:
Nice sub box! I really like that. Still trying to figure out what I'm gna do when I put subs in mine.

Really nice set up...what's up with the front smaller pieces that goes to the arm rest does it serve a purpose or just looks?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Really nice set up...what's up with the front smaller pieces that goes to the arm rest does it serve a purpose or just looks?

It's there to move the driver further forward.
They did a nice job of keeping it from looking too much like a square box that way as well, kindof a "design element"

These photos should help:

DSCN2661-L.jpg

DSCN2673-L.jpg

Last edited:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Somewhat new here, deployed and missing my '06 RR X-runner so I was browsing thru my photos online and thought I'd share a couple pictures of the sub-enclosure I had made a year or so:

Enclosure still allows anorexic folks to sit in the back....I've had 2 co-workers back there on lunch runs, but it wouldn't work for more than a couple miles!!

Sub-Enclosure-L.jpg

Tasty Goodness inside (JL Audio 10W6V2):

Sub-in-Enclosure-L.jpg

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as I didn't want anything too flashy...

I like the Xrunner and toyota logo! looks AWESOME!

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
I like the Xrunner and toyota logo! looks AWESOME!

Thanks, the logos were one of those "By the way, we can also do this...." kind of things.
due to what I had already spent I almost didn't do it then figured WTF, I'm already so over budget on this I might was well....OH, then they hit me with the need to dynamat the inside of the roof....somehow that was not on the original quote...

These guys have done vehicles for Tampa Bay Buccaneer players and other high-rollers that my install cost, while pricey for me, would have been less than a 10% deposit for theirs.

Now I gotta figure out what to do for more $$ 'cuz I just lost $600/month when they chopped my per-diem over here...cut AGAIN -- UGH!!

Dave in Dusty Doha, Qatar
Deployed Gov't Contractor

Top Bottom