Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N-tercooler

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Anyone going to try one of the NOS/NX intercooler spray kits? I hear they are good for a nice 20 - 50 HP!

RsobarR

Reaction score
Anything is possible, but myself, I have a lot more money going into other performance parts, but couldn't blame anyone wanting a quick hp gain with relatively less money.

project-c2

Reaction score
They work on the dyno. 20-30 HP I've seen on Civics. Cools down and makes the charge cooler/denser. I don't know about wasting it like that though. Would just use CO2 instead.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Yeah id run CO2 but still the concept for a cheap 30 HP is pretty good.

07xrunner

Reaction score
i would look into the cyro kits you can do a full system fuel rails....block....intake whatever you wanna do and its cheaper

Snaps

Reaction score
I would look into the water injection kits far before an intercooler sprayer. I have heard plenty of stories about problems, spraying nitrous onto your intercooler and then it getting sucked into your intake? Kinda makes sense that on some setups it makes 30-50hp, then again it also makes sense that people have blown motors running lean. On the other side of things if you want to run water injection or methanol injection you can still chill your intake charge and run a good bit more timing before seeing knock.

project-c2

Reaction score
Well, IMO, I kind of turn away from water injection, just for the fact you're injecting water with fuel into the engine. Lowers octane. From what I understand.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Doesnt a MUCH colder intake charge reduce the chance of detonation? I wouldn't use nitrous id use Co2.

Spyder327

Reaction score
Well, IMO, I kind of turn away from water injection, just for the fact you're injecting water with fuel into the engine. Lowers octane. From what I understand.

It's water/Methanol injection, from my understanding the methanol helps to raise octane level..

07xrunner

Reaction score
I would look into the water injection kits far before an intercooler sprayer. I have heard plenty of stories about problems, spraying nitrous onto your intercooler and then it getting sucked into your intake? Kinda makes sense that on some setups it makes 30-50hp, then again it also makes sense that people have blown motors running lean. On the other side of things if you want to run water injection or methanol injection you can still chill your intake charge and run a good bit more timing before seeing knock.
i dont see how its getting sucked into the intake through the intercooler ?
or do you mean as it passes through it then gets sucked in the intake :dontknow: cause air actually doesnt inter the intercooler it flows through it

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
or do you mean as it passes through it then gets sucked in the intake :dontknow: cause air actually doesnt inter the intercooler it flows through it

Some Intakes may be close enough to pick up some nitrous lingering in the air while the intercooler is being sprayed. I believe Co2 is much cheaper and if it happens to be sucked up it will do anything but gain you power/detonate.

07xrunner

Reaction score
Some Intakes may be close enough to pick up some nitrous lingering in the air while the intercooler is being sprayed. I believe Co2 is much cheaper and if it happens to be sucked up it will do anything but gain you power/detonate.
yeah i kinda figured thats what he was talking about just wasnt sure .
but if its intering the intake from the air its nos to air ratio is probably so off it shouldnt do anything :dontknow:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
For fun we use to run by the bikes on our dyno with just a bottle of nitrous fogging it into the air - you can see the gains on the Dyno screen as we do it. Under N/A conditions it isnt to much of a threat since the little amount of nitrous that is entering into the intake charge will be compensated for. But when your under boost the introduction of even a small amount of nitrous might be enough to push it over that line into detonation territory.

Steve762us

Reaction score

That's exactly what does happen...google up cry02, CO2, and cheetah.

The developer found the wonderful HP dyno gain with the NO2 spray...then tried CO2...whoops...HP loss...yup...some gets pulled into intake...that's where the benefit/loss occurs.

Sounds like some guys are confusing IC sprays with water/alky sprays...the water/alky stuff is going into your intake, post MAF. That approach is VERY effective at lowering intake charge temps and preventing det.

Snaps

Reaction score

Yes I mean through the intake, not intercooler. Like I said before the gains from water/methanol injection I can personlly vouch for since I have seen it on a few cars. On the other hand the nitrous intercooler spray can get people and or shops in some trouble.

Especially when dyno tuning a car, it seems people have a tendency to push the limits so they can get better numbers. When you are already on the thresh hold of detonating it won't really take to much to send it over the edge.

For the people running water injection something to think about. Look at the cheap windshield washer fluids. I have never run it myself but alot of what you see is about a 50/50 mix water and methanol. I have always been curious if people have ran it and if there were any downsides to it. Aside from the blue dye it seems like a pretty good solution.

tacoturbo

Reaction score
Water/methanol injection is a great thing. Like anything else it must be matched to your application. I've used it on my turbo 2002 2.4 xcab running 11 psi. Zero knock and my EGT's were reduced by a wide margin. A full laden daily driver running high 12's caught alot of Honda boys sleeping at the wheel. Man that was a fun truck. Just ask gadget on the benefits of water/meth injection. Just never go beyond a 50/50 mix or your EGT's may rise. :top:

Steve

Top Bottom