Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

need help: suspension problem

bartkwan

Reaction score
first off, i have stock suspension. im not sure if i even have a problem but my steering just kind of feels weird. when i drive on bumps over the road, the bumps jerks my steering wheel pretty bad. i have to turn the wheel back into place or else the truck will just continue in the direction the bumps caused my truck to turn. is this just the nature of the truck or do i have an actual problem? thanks

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
I would first off check the lug nuts to make sure they are secure, then the air pressure. If that's all good then, re-balance the tires, test again, still not fixed, alignment time, and of course have the dealership inspect for damage... :top:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Sounds a little like bump steer which is cause by extreme tie rod angle but if you don't have a drop kit that wouldn't happen. I would definatly take your truck into the dealership.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Not sure if it is possible for you to drive another X but I'm pretty sure its the just the nature of the truck. It's hard to describe a "feel" in a post tho. If it seems like a problem to you, take it in and have them check it out. :top:

project-c2

Reaction score
Mine does that. Even without the SOS kit. I think it's due to the caster being like 6 degrees. Try turn your wheel all the way one way and get out and look @ the contact patch. It's onoly like the outter edge of the tire. That's why I put -1.0 degrees camber and lessened the caster to 4.0 degrees when I did the alignment.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
OH JOY! my favorite subject., does everyone know that in the faq setion in forums is the handy dandy alignment specs from the people that brought you this fabulous truck.go to faqs click on it go to front end alignment specs click on it and blammo! there you are evrything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask. just look in each catagory for 18" wheels and that be us! simply amazing!:laugh:

Top Bottom