Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Needs more lowness

bluXkid

Reaction score
I'm running the SOS drop kit. Basically 1.5" and 2" drop. No complaints other than the occasional bottom out in the rear. QA1s are in my future. It's a noticeable drop but once I throw wheels on it I'm going to want it lower. I do not want to be DJM low but I want another 1/2" up front.

Can someone advise me of any methods to get another 1/2" up front? The rear I'll probly pickup a set of 2.5" street tacos beefed blocks.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
XII Performance Coilovers got me down to 2.75" with different springs.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Guys, I understand good products cost more and all but, I'm looking for 1/2", I'm not dropping a grand on coilovers. There has to be another way...

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
Cut your springs till you get the height you're looking for.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Cut your springs till you get the height you're looking for.

Uh, no thanks. Just cuz I'm not throwing stacks of cash at my tacomas front suspension doesn't mean I have to cut up springs.

justin13703

Reaction score
The fact that you're only looking for a half inch more actually makes it harder. With the front end you pretty much get what you get, which is stock height, sos/xii performance drop, or djm. You said that you don't want any of that, so your only other option is coilovers or cut springs. That's just the way it is. You're looking for a level of drop that isn't made by anyone.

bluXkid

Reaction score
Touche Justin.

Maybe I'm just frustrated. Our options are a mild drop or slammed. In between costs a lot.

Cut from the top or bottom of the coils??? Lol

justin13703

Reaction score
Touche Justin.

Maybe I'm just frustrated. Our options are a mild drop or slammed. In between costs a lot.

Cut from the top or bottom of the coils??? Lol

Lol I wouldn't recommend cut coils for a second, but it is an un-advisable option

bluXkid

Reaction score
From what I've read, it's not the worst thing u could do to a vehicle. It's gives the coil a higher spring rate. Lol Eh, I guess I'm at 1.5" up front

bluXkid

Reaction score
Just curious, people with djm...are y'all dragging body kit everywhere you go? Like side skirts mainly.

Also, my x is still financed. Is notching the frame a financed vehicle a good idea?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Not dragging anything, ever its not as bad as people think it is. Trust me I live in new jersey

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Try without the notch with a 3 inch block. If you don't like it then notch it. Once I installed sway bars it brought the whole back together plus the track bar it rides awesome in my opinion. Now just need the 3 inch drop leafs

x-runner kid

Reaction score
You can add like 400lbs to the front end and it will lower it a half inch.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
So you're looking for a total drop of 2" up front?

Ditch the SOS and get the XII 1.7" coils for $255.00

Not 2.0", but a little lower and much better performance.

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
There's a couple guys locally here in Hawaii that are running 6/7. Barely scraping.

Top Bottom