Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Exhaust

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
So i went down to my local shop here in williamsburg, ohio. an talkd to a friend of mine about getting an exhaust for my truck. we put the truck up on the lift an brain stormd for a few an i came with this. I'm going to be running dual 2.5" inch piping into a custom "X" pipe then into a Dual 2.5" inlet magnalow muffler then 3" out the back to 5.5" double walled S/S tip. i"ll get pics as soon as i can. The Complete Exhuast system is going to be S/S so its gonna look sweet, it comin from the cat-back, so it will elimnate the two unnessary resonators. I hope it sounds good. Well it BETTER anyways.....

Edit:

I'll have it done in less than a week. so pics will be up as soon
as i can.

Last edited:

Spyder327

Reaction score
So i went down to my local shop here in williamsburg, ohio. an talkd to a friend of mine about getting an exhaust for my truck. we put the truck up on the lift an brain stormd for a few an i came with this. I'm going to be running dual 2.5" inch piping into a custom "X" pipe then into a Dual 2.5" inlet magnalow muffler then 3" out the back to 5.5" double walled S/S tip. i"ll get pics as soon as i can. The Complete Exhuast system is going to be S/S so its gonna look sweet, it comin from the cat-back, so it will elimnate the two unnessary resonators. I hope it sounds good. Well it BETTER anyways.....

Cool, get some pictures of it when you do it :top:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Wow, that sounds like a pretty niec setup. Can't wait to see the pics.

XDsm

Reaction score
Are you going to be using press bent bends or mandrel bends? Sounds like it's going to be a good system.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Are you going to be using press bent bends or mandrel bends? Sounds like it's going to be a good system.

i wish someone close to me had a mandrel bender :thumpdown:

i want do a custom setup, but i dont want press bent pipes

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
whats the difference? im not sure but it might be the one where he slides the pipe threw the machine an the hydralic thing bends it i havn't seen it but i can ask.

flyinbryan

Reaction score
mandrel is smooth bends that dont change the diameter of the pipe

kinda hard to explain i guess lol

project-c2

Reaction score
X pipe for an X Runner, sweet.:biggrin: Should market them and call them TRD X pipe exhaust for 05^ X Runners. LOL

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
yeah the diameter of the pipe isn't going to change so it is a mandrel bender. an im waitin on word for the x pipe i might just buy one an have him modify it, or have him make one from scratch don't know yet.

XDsm

Reaction score
whats the difference? im not sure but it might be the one where he slides the pipe threw the machine an the hydralic thing bends it i havn't seen it but i can ask.

Mandrel bend looks like the picture below. Notice how the diameter of the tube stays the same throughout the bend.
BeadedMandrel2.5.jpg

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
yeah thats it. it self feeds the pipe as it bends it so not to krimp the pipe to sorta say. an its just a 22" Magnaflow flow muffler polished. (2) 2.5" inlet (1) 3" outlet.

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
muffler.jpg

i'm pretty sure this is it. if not its d a m close. the not directional as you can see
you can use either end as an inlet/outlet.

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
kuz there is only one spot on the side skirt for the exhaust. an i think it would look like s h i t! Oh an its my truck! lol J/K! no but seriously it would!!

XDsm

Reaction score
00yota4X4 ran a true dual setup exiting out the stock location. Like you said it is your truck, I was just thinking out loud that if going through that much work on the exhaust with an X-Pipe why not make it dual all the way back:dontknow::top:
DSCN0128.jpg

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
idk. i think it will breath well enough with what i got, it doesnt look to bad i guess, but i don't like the angle cuts an its just not me guess thats the best reason.it doesn't look very clean there's pipes going everwhere idon't think it looks very attractive.

Top Bottom