Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Spoiler

Murderface

Reaction score
Just got this today and snapped some shots on how it's gonna look. I'm gonna paint it black and thinking I should get some NASCAR style struts to support it( think it would look cooler anyways)
800B5A1C-1FFD-4F1A-A90C-4373CD9CA9C8-8842-0000066978B20B83.jpg

D3999296-DFBD-47EE-B5E3-50D51287D7EA-8842-0000066987583CFD.jpg

1A8DD3F3-7905-411C-BA45-D82163686553-8842-0000066966A5C2CD.jpg

Oh ya also gonna round those corners off before I kill myself on one ROFL

So whatcha think?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
It looks good but might need to be a little thicker so it won't flex a lot.

Coupe

Reaction score
Probably good for 10 HP.......

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Needs a summit racing and budwiswer sticker to be effective....

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Nice! :top:
Guess the kids won't be sitting on the tailgate anymore... :ahhhhh:

darthyota

Reaction score
Google the megalow to see what they did for the spoiler they did on that of similar style

azburnin

Reaction score
Thats what I borrowed from Mike A.K.A AutoBodyX. We interchanged the spoiler much like that one and it worked wonders on the track. It doesn't need to be any thicker. And he'd have to be pushing some serious speed to start flexing on it. If it were to flex, you wouldn't notice it.

John just drill the holes where your current screws go, then just screw the screws into it. Keep it simple.

Oh and instead of softening the corners, you can just get some small tubing and glue it around the edges. Inexpensive.... Oh and Put a XRU sticker on the back of it. You better come to track day the next time we go out to VIR.

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
That's thing is sweet, this is the style spoiler I would like to get for my x. Give the x the camping series feel. Nice addition.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Thats what I borrowed from Mike A.K.A AutoBodyX. We interchanged the spoiler much like that one and it worked wonders on the track.

Oh and instead of softening the corners, you can just get some small tubing and glue it around the edges. Inexpensive.... Oh and Put a XRU sticker on the back of it. You better come to track day the next time we go out to VIR.

I have door edge guard on mine. I like the way they bent yours and it rests on the top of the gate.

if you watch my backward facing video you can see there is no deflection in the spoiler even at 120 mph

http://youtu.be/HpCX7vxAZmM

jwg256

Reaction score
if my opinion counts, it's a no go. no offense bro jus me sayin ✌

autobodyX

Reaction score
^^^u have any pics of urs?
Hey John,
Mine is a prototype that I made for the VIR meet. I was just something I had sheared and bent quick and took it to the track, I liked the way it looked and it really worked especially at a Carolina motorsports park track day that I did. I was quit pleased with the results, but the thing looks a bit hokey. I don't have any pics but I will take a few and post them up. It is just a piece of stainless cut 51.5" wide and bent 60 degrees at 4" and then drilled the holes in the lower edge to mount it with the bolts that already hold the tailgate molding. It ended up being a bit narrow for the gate to look right but I was more interested in function.

The way yours is made looks a lot more professional like my nest one will be hopefully. I would like to make it go out over the bedside tho, so it will catch a little more air, and make it a bit taller and something that I can take on and off quickly.

Since I bought Sean's truck I have been working on improving it and have not refined my spoiler design.

did buy some aluminum turnbuckles at Lowes that I was going to try incorporate into the race inspired design.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i like it! i'd love to see an X in nascar but i've only seen tundras,
anyhow looks dope!

5000XD

Reaction score
if my opinion counts, it's a no go. no offense bro jus me sayin ✌

What he says. I mean c'mon, it's a freaking truck, not a Black Series AMG. But then again what every floats your boat :top:

Remember the t-shirt she whore, wore I mean :laugh:

Attachments

• wing002.jpg
    wing002.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 92

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Lol...that's a big shirt........I would put stickers all over that thing. I really like it and the turnbuckles would make it look even more hard.

Top Bottom