Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Next budget performance mod??

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Well today Se_xrunner and myself just put on my new fj dtlts. The butt dyno is awesome and sound great to me. I'm curious on what budget mod I should get next. I had lot of dough from my grandma and bought a drop, headers, and a double din. But then I did the responsible thing and paid of a couple of credit cards with the rest of the money instead of getting that s/c. So that means I'm back to budget mods. Please don't tell me the x-1, cause it currently went back out of budget. I was thinking maybe some or all 3 of the nst pullies or maybe the maf calibrator. I can't think of anything other power additions besides the y pipe, x-1 and s/c, which are out of budget. Those will all be last. So will any of those 3 pullies and maf calibrator help me or is everyone going to tell me to save up for the x-1?

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
oh snap i thought you already had the maf cal... yeah i would get that because on stock truck it made 15rwhp according to urd's website... blueblazeracer (matt) has one for sale. in case you dont remember hes the other guy that was at the mod day we had at my house... had the other swb.

the x-1 is the shizz but i hear ya on budget mods bro. drop header and double din are a nice chunk of change...

the pullies will maily just free up some rotating mass on you motor causeing less drag. you could just as cost effectively remove the stock fan and fan clutch and install some new electric fans to remove rotating mass. i think it will be about the same amount of benefit.

i can deffinately attest to the new dtlts being bad ass... i didnt get a chance to do a before and after test drive but afterwards with trd cai, urd exhaust and dtlts... the truck is deffinately alive, no rasp just nice deep tone, sounds great and pulls so hard! i cant wait to put my exhaust in next weekend.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
i think he has it but i dont think hes selling it. whats you price range for your next mod? you can get a wideband for about 160-180 from ebay if you search for it. i know most places it retails for 200-220 but ryan got his for 160 i think.

so i think matt wanted like 150 for the maf cal and then if you bought a wideband itd be about 320-350 for everything.

let me know when you get and ill let you borrow my soldering iron!!

mrguy33391

Reaction score
I was just thinking that if he let us we could tune my truck with that new kit he got. That is if I got the maf cal from him. Then I could save a couple more bucks for my own tuning kit.

Emanon

Reaction score
For power save for an X1 IMO. 20 HP and 30 TQ for $1400 bones is next to a SC, the best $ per HP you can spend IMO. Power which is across the entire RPM band. Then there is the synergistic effect it will have with the intake, headers and exhaust along up to the ever so fun increased redline.

Otherwise I would look into Sittin Sic sways bars, the change to handling is unreal. Nothing wrong with going fast in the twisties as well as straight lines. I went the route of handling first and this morning after riding back to back my truck then Iceman's I was reminded why I did. The X is not too shabby from the factory but drop some coin on sways and it is a whole new game. Next for me is BBK then power.

Top Bottom