Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

no power during take off

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
my truck seems to finally be on track to getting fixed now, I guess over the last 3 or 4 days the mechanic ive been discussing things with finally got a glimpse of how bad the problem I seem to be facing really is.
I suppose at some point while he had his scan tool hooked up and the truck took to one of its fits and shut the scan tool completely down and now im finally getting someone to understand what ive been dealing with for the last few months... he went through my wiring and seems to be confident that hes got it narrowed down to a few things and is just waiting for it to do it again so he can check some connectors for the ECM to make sure everything is getting relayed to that point

justin13703

Reaction score
Well good thing it sounds like it's getting sorted out. I know how you feel. Just this past weekend I finally got my truck running for the first time in months after an electric problem was causing my truck to fry maf sensors within minutes of installing them. Now that I think about it I'll post an update in my thread about that lol

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
im glad everything seems to be straightened out for you.
hopefully in the next few days ill know a little more

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
well after a month I picked the truck up Friday and I was told that chip in my one key is going bad, upon a hard swallow and quick exit from the dealer ship I went out and started my truck with my spare keys (the keys that they say are good) and it started hard as the engine turned over it missed and I thought it was gonna back fire but didn't I thought it was maybe because it was cold so I let it run a couple minutes and shut it off and the same thing happened again and then more 2 times after that. I grabbed the so called bad key and it started right up and I took off, and the truck has been fine since, doesn't seem to matter what key im using.
but over the week I got wind that they were putting a used ECM in my truck and upon picking the truck up my glove box was torn out and the black tape on the plugs running to the ECm had been cut back so I have no idea what they have done but for now I seem to be in the clear

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
unfortunately I am having to update this thread, after 5 months of not having one single problem my poor truck is back to episodes of not wanting to start.
it has happened 4 times over the last 2 weekends.
I had it towed to a shop and they discovered that my ECM is failing to power up, I am at a loss with what way to go now and I feel like I am going to be forced to get rid of the truck before I can find the problem.

Gadget

Reaction score
I would suggest a simple wiggle/jiggle test of every wire in the harness from the battery to the ECU while the engine is idling. See if you can find one that causes something weird to happen.

G

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
Okay hopefully by this coming weekend I can have some sort of realistic diagnosis
Thank you gadget for the reply. Btw if I can get this truck fixed I'm ordering a supercharger from you. I have the money saved I just need to get my truck back to being dependable before I drop anymore money on it

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
well unfortunately I've decided to give up looking for my problem and im moving onto a new truck, I went and test drove a TRD Offroad tundra and I was pleased with just about everything the truck has to offer. just waiting on the arrival of a black crewmax
I will be pulling a couple things off my truck over the next couple weekends so ill have a small for sale thread up.

thank you everyone for your advice

justin13703

Reaction score
well unfortunately I've decided to give up looking for my problem and im moving onto a new truck, I went and test drove a TRD Offroad tundra and I was pleased with just about everything the truck has to offer. just waiting on the arrival of a black crewmax
I will be pulling a couple things off my truck over the next couple weekends so ill have a small for sale thread up.

thank you everyone for your advice

That sucks man but I know how you feel, I pretty much had the same situation with mine, a random electrical problem that I couldn't figure out so I just gave up on mine too. I'm sure you'll like the tundra

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
thanks man, its a heartbreaker deciding to let her go but I just don't have any options left to look to

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
well she is gone, before I went to sign my papers I got a couple compliments on how good she looked but im now the owner of a 2014 tudra crewmax, modding to begin shortly :rolleyez:

Attachments

• IMG_0248[1].jpg
    IMG_0248[1].jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 117

Gadget

Reaction score
Nice.

Keep in mind URD has lots of stuff for your Tundra!!!

G

06XMAN

Reaction score
That's a sexy looking tundra bud. Love the crewmax.

Top Bottom