Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

October & November 2012 : K2's 2006 RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
October & November 2012 : TOP RIDE
Klint's 2006 Radiant Red X-Runner

The Story behind the Ride:
This is a long story - but the story behind the ride is deep - so stick with me... (or skip to the mods - : )

I caught first glimpse of the X-Runner just weeks after it was revealed at the 2004 Chicago Auto Show. The one on display was in Speedway Blue and immediately I fell in love with the styling of the truck. It was unique & edgy, but still understated - and damn sexy. It would be another year before I actually saw one in person. My wife and I were shopping in an adjacent city about 45 minutes away and on the way home I decided to go a different way through town - unknowing at the time that we were heading down "Dealer Row." I saw the Radiant Red X sitting out front and swung a u-turn, telling my wife "I'm going to drive that!" The moment I sat in the seat and turned it on, I knew this was the truck for me. It would be over a year before I finally purchased one in February 2006 - just one month after my son was born. Not many people know that just 4 months later, I took the truck to the local Subaru dealership to trade it in because with a new addition to our family, and my wife now a stay-at-home-mom, we simply couldn't afford it. The salesman at the Subaru dealership came outside to estimate the trade-in value and as soon as he saw the truck, he looked at me and said,"Why in the world would you trade in this truck? That thing is beautiful." We talked for a few more minutes - I didn't even get the estimate - and I drove the truck back home. My wife and I struggled to keep it parked in the driveway but to her credit, she knew how important it was and how long I'd waited to get it so we worked hard to make payments on it.

Its not long after that - just 6 months - that XRU started rattling around in my head. After dealing with people ridiculing us "sport truck owners" as dumb for not getting a 4x4 or not REAL modders because we weren't bagging the truck, I felt many people on other forums were looking for a new home. XRU launched in January of 2007 and *we* (all of us) began to change the landscape for X-Runners. While there were two X-Fest Micro's (mini-meets), the first REAL X-Fest was in Atlanta in 2007. I think we had nearly 40 trucks there and that's when the forum really took off.

I have met so many great people through this forum and made some memories that I will never forget. Thank all of you guys for hanging around here - embracing an idea - and then running with it. Thanks to the moderators (all of you over the years) that have donated your time so that you can help others that love the same things you do. Thanks to the new owners (that were and still are members of XRU, and X-Runner owners) for taking over the helm when I needed to focus on family. And thanks to all the vendors over the years that have given their time, advice, investment dollars in new mods, ideas, donations, and vendor dollars.

This place is awesome and I am VERY honored to sit up top again. My truck was on the very first XRU design, but since then this place became about you guys - but thank you for the opportunity to sit up top again. I've worked hard on the truck (and realized making my mod list that I've spent A LOT of money) with the help of many people here on XRU and it makes me proud to look at it every day and realize that it is finally a perfect reflection of me and my personality.

Engine:

] TRD Supercharger
] URD Overdrive Pulley
] UCON Engine Management System (EMS)
] URD Y-Pipe
] URD 3” Polished Stainless Cat-back
] Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
] TRD CAI
] Optima Red Top Battery
] Redline Hood Struts
] 2nd Engine - Used, 14,000 miles

Drive Train:
] Competition Clutch Stage 2
] Competition Clutch Lightweight Steel Flywheel
] URD Throwout Bearing Sleeve Kit (TSK)

Exterior:
] Varrstoen Wheels, ES 2.2.2 19x9.5 et +12, Hyper Black
] Falken 452 245/40/19
] Gaylord X-2000 Tonneau
] TRD Brake Pads
] BrakePerformance.com Drilled, Slotted Rotors
] LS HID Projectors 6000K
] HornBlasters 3-Horn Kit w/Air Tank in Bed
] Cravenspeed Stubby Antenna
] Satin Black, Painted, Lower Evo Mod
] Front Bumper Repainted, Orange-Peel Removed
] Inner Grill painted Satin Black
] Led Brake/Reverse Strip (indirectly lit)
] Toyota Tacoma Bed Mat
] Sleepy Eye Lids
] 20% Tint
] BLHM (Black Headlight Mod)
] FLM (Fog Light Mod)

Interior:
] ProSport Halo Series - Oil Pressure Gauge
] ProSport Halo Series - Fuel Pressure Gauge
] AEM Wideband
] TRD Boost Gauge
] LoTek Pillar 3 Gauge Pod
] CarvenSpeed FlexPod
] Scangauge 2
] TRD Short Shifter
] WeatherTech Black Floormats
] Panasonic Flip-Up DVD HeadUnit
] Infinity 1000W Amp
] Infinity 10" Sub
] SubXclosure
] SubXclosure Arm Rest for Console
] TRD Seat Covers
] OBX Pedals
] C2C Shift Knob

Chassis:
] DJM 3/4 Drop
] QA1 Rear Shocks
] StreetTacos Blocks
] CURT Tow Package
] Moar Low!

... I feel I'm still forgetting things but you get the idea. :laugh:

Future Modifications:
] Upgraded, Double Din Head Unit
] XII Sway Bars
] Coupe Upgraded Oil Pan
] Halo Series Wideband
] Halo Series Boost
] New Seat Seat Covers?

Congratulations Klint and more importantly thank you for all that you've done for this community! In honor of your dedication we will be extending this TROTM through November.

For the longest time Klint had fought this honor but now that he's no longer the XRU dictator :rofl: he has been out voted. :blurock:

--

As this months Top Ride winner Klint will also be receiving a gift certificate courtesy of URD.

Coupe

Reaction score
Congrats

I really like the new stance..........

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Klint... much earned and deserved! :top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One more photo that didn't make the cut... :argh:
K2_TROTM_02.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
Nice to see this truck on here with the new stance, congrats Klint!

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
One more photo that didn't make the cut... :argh:

Maybe if you didn't have to be difficult and send funky sized images it would have. :rolleyez: It's my favorite one too. :eviltongue:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
What happened to the awesome Coupe CAI cover? :dontknow:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Dog Gamn, that is one sexy beast. :adore:

Makes sense to have the founding father finally get some recognition....esp after staying with family after his motor letting go AND losing his rights as dictator.... Albeit, he had some persuasion from the family... :top:

Thanks again for making this forum, you helped guide many a XR owners (me included), on our paths down mod central, general maintenance included too... Don't know where id be with out this forum....:biggrin:

Congrats on the MUCH deserved title!!!!! :blurock:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happened to the awesome Coupe CAI cover? :dontknow:

Told you I knew I was forgetting something. Took it off when we did the engine swap to make it didn't get damaged and just forgot to put it back on.

trd_sport

Reaction score
damn sexy truck!!!!!
but please get a new model, i mean shes got facial hair:ahhhhh:

dramad1

Reaction score
Congrats. Nice to see you got the issues all fixed and got her back on the road in style.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
Now theres an x-runner built to perfection :adore: Congrats man!

Canadian Girl

Reaction score
Congrads..... well deserved. The truck looks amazing... and yes Thank you for XRU and everyone that supports it

aznx_piggey

Reaction score
WOW! she looks TOO CLEAN LOL. last time i saw K2's x was on the first youtube vid he made..... that gave me a craving to go get my own :top:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOa5khSFBo[/ame] OH! yeah, im, *we* are all glad you and your wife were able to keep the truck, with a little help from that subaru dealer haha

Last edited:

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
congrats man, good lookin ride. i really like the web page sig.
got any interior pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom