Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

paint coming off

toyota06

Reaction score
ok so i took my truck to the toyota dealership near me to look at the paint cheaping because of the rocks and •XR•XR•XR•XR coming from the front tire cheaping it. and they said it isnt a paint defect so they cant do anything about it and ill will have to pay for it to get repainted :motz: its not my fault that they made the rear fender on both sides come out to far. and plus he said something about not driving in rocks :stupid: lol come on now i dont drive in no rock there just •XR•XR•XR•XR on the roads. so iam pretty upset with toyota right now because the problem it just getting worse and its lookin worst :thumpdown:

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
ok so i took my truck to the toyota dealership near me to look at the paint cheaping because of the rocks and •XR•XR•XR•XR coming from the front tire cheaping it. and they said it isnt a paint defect so they cant do anything about it and ill will have to pay for it to get repainted :motz: its not my fault that they made the rear fender on both sides come out to far. and plus he said something about not driving in rocks :stupid: lol come on now i dont drive in no rock there just •XR•XR•XR•XR on the roads. so iam pretty upset with toyota right now because the problem it just getting worse and its lookin worst :thumpdown:

That was my exact situation. I bit the bullit and paid to have them repainted. I now have 3m on the flares, no chips.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Go to the next dealer or bitch some more mentioning the TSB. There was a TSB on the old tacomas for this too and toyota had a part number for the 3M film in it.

07xrunner

Reaction score
i got the run around on mine too i just kept going back and hasseling them until they got tired of me i guess and fixed them for me ....
i have the 3m tape on there now with no chipping at all :)
my recomendation for all new xrunner owners is on your way home from the dealer stop at wal mart pick up a roll of the 3m tape and put it on when you get home so you dont have this problem because i can assure you it will start happening ....and alot sooner than you think

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Just print out a couple of the treads on here showing that almost EVERY x is having the same problem and most dealers are taking care of it :top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
what are some of the most common chip areas where everyone is putting the film on?

07xrunner

Reaction score
ive got some chips on the bedside rght in front of the flares im gonna put some film on there as well

trd_sport

Reaction score
Take the guy over to the other Tacomas on the lot and show him where the "orange peel" paint is on the bottom of the trucks to prevent rock chipping, then show him how the X doesn't have that.

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
ive got some chips on the bedside rght in front of the flares im gonna put some film on there as well

when that 3m stripping is used, is it visible? or will it become "foggy" over time? to where it is visible?

nick81olson

Reaction score
That was my exact situation. I bit the bullit and paid to have them repainted. I now have 3m on the flares, no chips.

What 3m film is everyone talkn about? I about to get mine fixed and want to make sure it dont happen again... so what should I do and where can I get this 3m film?

07xrunner

Reaction score
wal mart sells it in the auto section where the touch up paint is at...
and no its not really visible at all its clear and you dont even see it unless your actually looking for it ill snap a few pics of it on my truck when i get home and some of the actual box its in so everyone knows what to look for

Top Bottom