Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

paint stains

Barcelona X

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know i dont have an X anymore, but I figured you guys might know what to do. So I have a white Camry SE. And after I wash the car, there are dirt stains on the paint. I have the quick detailer spray that I used all the time on the X and it worked great. Now it doesnt work so well on the white. I actually have to get out the Polishing compound and gently rub over the stain and it comes off so easily. Any Ideas of a liquid I can get instead of the compound so its not so harsh on the clear coat? Maybe I need to clay and wax it and then the detailer will work? thanks for the advice guys. You are all very helpful, unlike some other forums that criticize you when you ask a question.:thumpdown:

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
I do the same thing, my girls got a white car and she gets the same thing, rubbing compound is the only thing that works.

STONER-X

Reaction score
use castrol super clean...... i used it on my 72 beetle and it brought it from a sandy dull white to a nice clean bright white..... got it in a gallon jug from walmart for like $7-$9

test on an un-noticeable spot...

get jug
mix with warm water
wash car
then wash car with regular wash
wax BAM!!

i had great results... it is a strong degreaser.... i have used it on my 97 rodeo to clean years of unwashed dirt when i bought it..... so far it has worked like a champ and has never given me any paint problem

remember to wax the car after.. this will remove the wax coat and leave the paint unprotected....

i have never been a fan of compounts due to the posibility of small scratched.....

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd try using clay before I'd go to the compound again. Clay seems to take the water spots off when I get to actually cleaning my truck.

rich017

Reaction score
Try a clay bar first. You always want to start with the least aggressive method.

Amarillo X

Reaction score
I'd think a high quality wax might help prevent this type of fall-out once you get the paint properly cleaned and protected.

Barcelona X

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses. I haven't had time yet to clay bar, I will try that first.

Top Bottom