Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Passenger Side Access Door

Shacho

Reaction score
I can hear road noise from the passenger side access door bottom area, it sounds like the rubber seal is missing. I checked both the passenger and access door for security/proper fit and the rubber seal for wear and the outside noise/sound still exist. Has anybody else experienced this distraction. If I turn up the volume ... of course the music blanket the noise but in the end the distraction is still there.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Is it a whistling noise? If so it could be the seal on the windshield. There is/was a tsb for it. Mine did it b4. Was only at about 120- 130 kmh though. Had it fixed by the dealer b4 my warranty ran out.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=7688

Here's the link to the tsb. Doubt you'll have warranty still but at least ya know what I'm talking about

Hahaha just checked your profile. You still have warranty. Lol. Hopefully its not what I mentioned but its worth putting it out there lol

Last edited:

Shacho

Reaction score
Thanks... I will discuss this issue with Stealership and go from there.

gunner76137

Reaction score
Maybe its the bug guard LOL Don't you know having that bug guard on there will mess up your hood paint?? theres a write up on 1 of the forums about it

Shacho

Reaction score
The bug guard is mounted underneath the hood and the noise is coming from the access (door) area. I took it to the dealership and they had 3 techs to ride in it and they all heard the noise but related to the window deflectors and the areodynmic of the truck. I think the access doors rubber seals are not creating a tight fit.

Top Bottom