Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Plasti-Dip Wheels, another set done.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Alright, got bored yesterday and tackled this, I got 4 cans of plasti dip, but only ended up using two.

I thought this looked pretty sweet :p This was after the first coat :)

2012-04-18_14-11-13_758.jpg

Here is the done version, before a full dry. approximately 4 coats per wheel.

2012-04-18_15-01-17_905.jpg

Ill upload more when I get unlazy and take a pic; They look awesome. And yes, those are trashbags as paint protectors :)

Last edited:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Nice. :top:
What next? DiNoc the mirrors, PlastiDip the door handles, and BHLM? :dontknow:

Murderface

Reaction score
Looks good but I think a BHLM only looks good on a BSP. Gotta go with a RHLM!

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Ill do an update in a bit, Daniel let me know that there where some spots showing through, So I am going to hit another coat or two this weekend at JJ's. Damn light spots.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
Looks good but I think a BHLM only looks good on a BSP. Gotta go with a RHLM!

ew the RHLM looks to ricey for me.

Ill do an update in a bit, Daniel let me know that there where some spots showing through, So I am going to hit another coat or two this weekend at JJ's. Damn light spots.

yeah it happens with black, when you paint and it flashes out really quick and looks dry thats where you will have a light spot.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
ew the RHLM looks to ricey for me.

yeah it happens with black, when you paint and it flashes out really quick and looks dry thats where you will have a light spot.

Could have used that before I painted :p But thanks for pointing that out to me. I am liking the whole Black and red theme going; Just gotta refrain from overdoing it; I MIGHT try the handles with the spray; Depending on how I feel...

BUTTTTT Some asshole got me all worked up about a new potential swap into the truck........
2JZ...:adore::adore::adore::adore:

Meh, might just be crazy thoughts for now. Because I would have to go automatic, or dish out another 3800 for a manual tranny. on top of the 2800 for the engine.

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
Could have used that before I painted :p But thanks for pointing that out to me. I am liking the whole Black and red theme going; Just gotta refrain from overdoing it; I MIGHT try the handles with the spray; Depending on how I feel...

BUTTTTT Some asshole got me all worked up about a new potential swap into the truck........
2JZ...:adore::adore::adore::adore:

Meh, might just be crazy thoughts for now. Because I would have to go automatic, or dish out another 3800 for a manual tranny. on top of the 2800 for the engine.

all my quotes i told you about we're for everything engine and tranny.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Gotcha, hmmmmm.........decisions decisions..... I am going to try to save some money for some bigger mods, lets see how that goes...roflmao. Single, young, and trying to save...AHHAHAHAHA

Gio927

Reaction score
How's the plastidip on the rims holding up? I'm looking to doing it as long as its durable and doesn't chip or anything.

sinister07

Reaction score
Nice dude. Def need to do some headlights like everyone else said, some eyelids too

Moneyblind

Reaction score
They look great right now; I wanna do a coat or 2 more, not really needed, just to give it some good strength.

adamewwy

Reaction score
very original looking truck..Mos def stands out from the rest of the pack.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
very original looking truck..Mos def stands out from the rest of the pack.

Thanks mate; Dont want to be like everyone else ;) I do love other peoples looks and stuff and do follow to some extent; But I have to cause ripples :p

Now if I can just get the BHLM done; I am smoking the Fogs tommorow...

cammedupneon

Reaction score
They look great like that. I been thinking about doing this to my wheels i think you just convinced me to.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Has anyone that has plasti dipped their wheels and clear coated ever gotten tire put on or taken a tire machine to their wheels ? Does it hold up? And has anyone used the blue plastidip?

Top Bottom