Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PM Sort Options

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
I dont know if this has been brought up in the past or not. It would be nice to be able to sort my PM box by user as well as date.

Is this possible Klint?

Just curious.

Thanks

Justin

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I export to an XML file and save it (keep records of all your messages). Then you can have all the messages available and do a ctrl+find to look for specific information.

I started writing a flash application that would load in the XML file, and display messages based on specific data (user name, date, incoming/outgoing, etc). Never finished it though.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Not to sure how many different users you want do this for but you can create a folder for each one in your pm box. You would have to manually move them tho. I may do some digging later to see if there's any way to do what your requesting tho.

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
Not to sure how many different users you want do this for but you can create a folder for each one in your pm box. You would have to manually move them tho. I may do some digging later to see if there's any way to do what your requesting tho.

it would make my life a lot easier :rock:

Justin

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This actually has been included in the latest release of the software. I did the upgrade, but unfortunately due to the heavy modifications on the XRU template - the upgrades didn't show up. This isn't unusual but it'll take me a little more time to get it working.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I redid the upgrade and fixed the design templates. Now you can sort by Title / Sender / or Date at the top of your PM list. :top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that's BA Klint...keep up the good work cause its definitely paying off...:top:

1 thing I did notice with the new organizing pm's is that when you want to see former pm's sent or received by members names that the dates are out of order so you still have to filter through the pm's to find the right 1...maybe the dates can be incorporated into it that way not only do you see the pm's sent or received by that member but when they are sent...you will have a better idea of what and when your looking for the information...but that's just me...only a suggestion...

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Klint, ask and you shall receive!!! Great job bud. But like Tolphr33 mentioned if when you organize by sender you could at the same time have the messages sorted by date within the sender that would be PERFECT!! Again great job and THANKS:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Additional request/suggestion....

1. This is sort by sender is great for the inbox... not-so-great for 'sent messages' lol.
- Could we get a sort by 'recipient' for the sent box to replace the sender option where it serves no purpose.

2. Sorting by Title results in 'R' always being huge and convoluted because replies are prefixed with Re:
- Is there a way to filter the "Re: " out of the sort algorithm so that dialogues are grouped together in the Title sort?

3. What Matt said above me.

Top Bottom