Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

proper wash steps?

STONER-X

Reaction score
ok so i know how to was a car.... lol , but i just got a clay kit so here is what i have....

car wash soap... (dish soap for degreaser and wax remover)
wax
clay kit
polish....

is this PROPER steps
wash
clay
ploish
wax

????

seems to be to me

wash- removes junk
clay- removes even more junk
polish- cleans and shines
wax- protects

so please tell me if i am wrong

and for those intrested here are the products

wax- meguiars professional line
clay kit- meguiars
polish- liuqid glass (metal can with old red corvette)
wash- light mix of dish soap

dramad1

Reaction score
After you clay wash again. Alot of people use the quick detailer mist spray when using the clay bar, not necessary just keep it wet while claying with water. Then wash again. I used a cleaner wax after if your trying to really make it shine then a good wax/polish also depends on oixdation may need some cutter before cleaner. I used to work at several detail shops and the most notable was leos detail plus up in Oakland off 38 and foothill blvd. We did alot of high end cars as well as car shows, doctors offices, news/radio stations. There are also different color clay bars you can buy that really pull junk outta the paint, you won't find them at your local stores. Have to look online at detail suppliers for best prices and styles/colors. Good luck post up them clean pics when your done.

STONER-X

Reaction score
THANKS!!!

i just did the drivers half and the tailgate and bumper...

it really made a huge difference... it now really smooth!!... can wait to get it all done.. tomorrow i will either do the hood and roof or the passenger side or do it all...

James_T

Reaction score
My method is Pre-soak->Wash->Dry->Clay Bar->Wax. As for polish, it's really only good to do it once in a while, since polish is technically an abrasive. The whole washing/clay/wax process will protect the shine for many months before another polish is required.

Toon714

Reaction score
Ya. I do the following.
1 wash and rinse
2 clay bar
3 wash and rinse again
4 wax
5 u got 1 shiny ass ride!

STONER-X

Reaction score
just got done claying looks sooooo f-ing nice...

is there any way to cover up rock chips on the front bumper??? that is really killing it for me.:motz:..

maybe i should stand back 15 feet and look at it :laugh:

rich017

Reaction score
Purchase yourself a Porter Cable hi-speed polisher. It makes a good difference in the appearance of the paint.

Also, pepboys now sells Meguiars Professional line and 3M Polishes/waxes. Their professional clay bar too. Good stuff even though it's $30+ for a quart of wax/sealant

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
If you use a polisher, don't burn your paint! Seen some one do that. YIKES!

rich017

Reaction score
If you use a polisher, don't burn your paint! Seen some one do that. YIKES!

That's why you get one that oscillates too. The PC ones are awesome and it's pretty hard to burn the paint with them as long as you have your compound of choice on the pad. Been using mine for 4 years now and I still love the thing.

STONER-X

Reaction score
That's why you get one that oscillates too. The PC ones are awesome and it's pretty hard to burn the paint with them as long as you have your compound of choice on the pad. Been using mine for 4 years now and I still love the thing.

so are you talking about a buffer??? i have one of these

387890450_o.jpg

or a polisher

MakitaRotaryBuffer9227C.jpg

STONER-X

Reaction score
well just got done with all the wax bout an hour and a half ago.... moment of truth is when i go out to see it in the sun... lol.. she looks like a wet piece of a$$.. i got a hard on putting her back in the garage...

maybe since i did all this work it will bring houston some much needed rain!!!!!

Top Bottom