Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Questions about the stock FPR and E85

Kevin S.

Reaction score
Planning on running running the trd supercharger with a 2.7" pulley at 10 psi on E85, per the 20% IDC increase with E85 what fuel mods need to be performed? I'm planning on running the X-1 ECU, 670CC injectors and an aftermarket fuel pump (still undecided on a walbro 255lph or the URD). Will I overrun the stock FPR? Do i need bigger fuel line? This will be on my semi daily vehicle. I want to have a tune for E85 and 91. Thanks in advance for the help!

Also keep in mind im at 5280 above sea level.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
U should be just fine....n the the 255 is a walboro product. Psi will be predicted by your exhaust as so I have learned...

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
The URD kit is the Walbro 255 pump. It just also includes an external filter.

Murderface

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but won't u need a 7th injector also to run E85?

Kevin S.

Reaction score
The URD kit is the Walbro 255 pump. It just also includes an external filter.

Ok good to know, thanks! I had one in my talon - sucker was loud! Is it noticeable on the xr?

Also as far as having to run the 7th injector with e85? I don't see why you would have to run the 7th injector since it is mainly used on the 1GR-FE with the trd supercharger as a cooling effect. E85 will allow me to run more boost without detonation. I just am not sure if the stock FPR will hold with the increase in fuel pressure from the aftermarket pump/inj. I ran into this exact problem on my dsm running e85 (only reason I ask).

also this is a dumb question but how is boost regulated(besides the pulley) on the trd supercharger? Specifically is there a control solenoid or something similar like on turbo cars?

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
No...i was running E85 before i went boosted...plus the 7th helps to seal the roots blowers and cool the air charge

But he has the TRD blower installed. I've never seen anyone with the TRD blower run e85 with no 7th inj. Not sure if just the bigger primaries have enough room?

Marc didn't u say ur inj are maxed out and u have a 7th? I realize ur running higher boost then he is, I know mine aren't close to maxing out and I have as much boost as a 2.6" has

Bulldogger

Reaction score
You should not have any problems with that set-up, You guys did take notice that he is 5280 FEET above sea level right.

Murderface

Reaction score
Sure did but me being so close to sea level I don't know squat about how much less oxygen his engine sees.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Planning on running running the trd supercharger with a 2.7" pulley at 10 psi on E85, per the 20% IDC increase with E85 what fuel mods need to be performed? I'm planning on running the X-1 ECU, 670CC injectors and an aftermarket fuel pump (still undecided on a walbro 255lph or the URD). Will I overrun the stock FPR? Do i need bigger fuel line? This will be on my semi daily vehicle. I want to have a tune for E85 and 91. Thanks in advance for the help!

Also keep in mind im at 5280 above sea level.

The OEM FPR doesn't see boost or vacuum, unless you yourself routed a vacuum line to it from the nipple that is used for the boost gauge.

FPR Mod. http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=50532

If you do the FPR mod, be aware that you should get a fuel pump that can handle an increase in fuel pressure.

If you don't do the FPR mod, then your fuel pressure will stay static and you can 255 lph (non High Pressure) that comes in the kits from our vedors Dezod or URD.

Other wise, if you do the FPR mod, here is some info to keep in mind.

Fits most vehicles where a 255 lph is applicable.
• Offset Inlet, In-line with outlet
• Includes universal filter sock – may not fit in some applications (see OEM filter
replacement recommendations)
• Designed for in-tank use only

aeromotivepump2.jpg

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Sure did but me being so close to sea level I don't know squat about how much less oxygen his engine sees.

At 5000 feet you see about a 20% loss in horsepower, so take the 670cc injector, calculate hp at sea level that they are capable of handling at 80% duty cycle with bsfc at .65 for boost he can handle 470 crank, minus the 20% for lack of air he will only put out 376hp.
Our trucks even with 10 lbs boost don't put out 470 at the crank anyway so he will be fine.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
5000 feet above sea level? Damn. I don't know much about E85 but to put it in perspective I am at 3500 feet above sea level and I am running the 2.825" + NST overdrive set up which equates to roughly the same boost as a 2.6" pulley without an EMS system, bigger injectors, 7th injector etc. Keep in mind I do not run E85 though.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
The OEM FPR doesn't see boost or vacuum, unless you yourself routed a vacuum line to it from the nipple that is used for the boost gauge.

FPR Mod. http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=50532

If you do the FPR mod, be aware that you should get a fuel pump that can handle an increase in fuel pressure.

If you don't do the FPR mod, then your fuel pressure will stay static and you can 255 lph (non High Pressure) that comes in the kits from our vedors Dezod or URD.

Other wise, if you do the FPR mod, here is some info to keep in mind.

Fits most vehicles where a 255 lph is applicable.
• Offset Inlet, In-line with outlet
• Includes universal filter sock – may not fit in some applications (see OEM filter
replacement recommendations)
• Designed for in-tank use only

aeromotivepump2.jpg

How does the stock fpr work without vacuum? I thought most if not all stock fpr have a vacuum line hooked up to it to so the fpr will recieve less fuel at idle?

Either way sounds like with my setup with altitude correction taken into account I will not have to repl the stock fpr.

Bulldogger

Reaction score
FPR, still see's vacuum even when tapped into supercharger port, just under boost conditions it see's pressure directly related to boost levels 1:1. This will prevent the FPR from allowing any bleed off from higher boost levels, by putting more pressure into it to keep it shut.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Setup in the factory location the with the vacuum line attached to the intake, going to the FPR, isn't pulling hardly any vacuum on the OEM FPR.

Top Bottom