Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

questions questions questions.....

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
Ive been looking at the 3-1 headers for our trucks, anybody have them, do they trip any engine codes??? what styles of aftermarket exhaust are available?? if you keep the stock trd exhaust can you make the headers efficent or is upgrading ness. also with air intake, header, exhaust setup what kind of numbers in hp gain can you expect? do they make a performance chip for the X-R. an finally with the headers an stock exhaust does the sound tone up quite a bit? does borla make a more aggressive exhuast for a beefier tone with the headers an does anybody have any videos with sound.... finally the trd exhaust is actually borla isn't it or did i make that up??? like i said questions questions questions.......

DOGO X

Reaction score
You might want to drop a PM to Big Dog John :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Im not speaking for everyone but most have just swaped out the muffler and thats it. Urd makes a y pipe that everyone seems to like. www.urdusa.com

SWB X

Reaction score
intakes- TRD, Volant, K&N, make your own ....
Headers- JBA, installation is pain in the azz
engine management- Split Second makes a good product. www.splitsec.com( i think)

a good tune with the psc 001 on a stock X will give you about 10-15 to the wheels.

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
does anybody have the complete urd exhaust setup with headers?? if so what does it sound like???

Spyder327

Reaction score
does anybody have the complete urd exhaust setup with headers?? if so what does it sound like???

I've got the JBA headers, URD Y-pipe, and JBA exhaust (soon to be replaced with the URD 3" exhaust)

Bought exhaust first - Sounded very nice
Then headers - Still sounded nice
Then Y-pipe - Very nice but VERY loud over 3k rpms, took a little getting used to.

Alexrunner

Reaction score
Whats the y pipe do? and have any of you guys coverted to dual exhaust...if so hows the performance?

Alexrunner

Reaction score
OHH...nice. Probably makes it sound a lot better too

DOGO X

Reaction score
Is there no sensor on it will be the check light on! But I think that URD products are bolt on so they have the sensor thing on it :biggrin:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
the jba headers have the bungs for the o2 sensors just before the piping for the cats. kept my cats for the warranty plus don't like idiot lights in my eyes or black tape in the instrument cluster to hide it.:top:

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
so just the urd Y-pipe makes a big difference in sound??? is it worth the 459.00??

Xraided

Reaction score
does anybody else think the truck would look bad ass with a brush guard

Last edited:

Xacto

Reaction score
ive got the magnaflow catback 3 inch exhaust, an airaid intake, a y-pipe, and a tuned psc1 003. I had it tuned before i got the Y-pipe and from stock i had 34 more rwhp and 30 more rwtq i believe. It was done on a dynapak tho, but there were corrections made, so realistically it was more like 30-34 gain. With the ypipe those numbers are probably a bit higher. The ypipe made it louder, but most noticeably deeper, specially at idle.

Top Bottom