Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Radiator paint

07XR808

Reaction score
Has anyone attempted to paint the radiator black? I think the silver sticks out and wanted to paint it black, but i also don't want to hinder the cooling system. Was wondering what paint you used if you did attempt this modification. Thanks in advance

DOGO X

Reaction score
I saw a thread in CT about this, yes people had done it. Can't remember the paint they use

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I know some people have done it. I'm anxious to hear what they used since it's something that I've always wanted to do.

morcheez

Reaction score
well if ur talking about the thing u see through the grille its not the radiator its the ac condensor and mine has been painted for almost a year now and i have now problems
behindgrille001.jpg

07xrunner

Reaction score
black spray paint :dontknow: a light coat isnt going to effect the cooling

morcheez

Reaction score
hasnt effected mine ...not like i put 10 coats on it ...just enough to make it not silver

CorruptedDemon

Reaction score
if your paranoid about cooling problems, there is a spray paint specifically for radiators and other cooling devices.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I used some high heat flat black... did a light coat with no problems :top:

Xacto

Reaction score
i just painted it with spray paint...cooling is still fine lol

just a clarification i only did the side silver pillars

07XR808

Reaction score
i just painted it yesterday. it makes a big difference. ran a/c all day no problems at all. pounded my truck a bit. no difference in temp...:top:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I have some Krlyon paint left over from when I blacked out my emblem. Do you think it would be ok to use since it's the kind that bonds to plastic?

07XR808

Reaction score
I have some Krlyon paint left over from when I blacked out my emblem. Do you think it would be ok to use since it's the kind that bonds to plastic?

It should be fine. As long as you don't go over board coating it an inch thick, you won't run into any problems. Your radiator isn't going to be coated much, just your a/c condensor

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Yeah I think I would only do the side pillars anyway. Those seem to stick out the most imo.

Top Bottom