Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RedLantern's turbo build....

Redlantern

Reaction score
In no particular order

9F2E4396-AF86-4199-A7BD-9D41B8544FFF_zpsxts9olza.jpg
[/URL [/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meizoo7/media/Taco/CC9ACB56-B799-4CC8-950D-F22241172CE7_zpsnprii5kf.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meizoo7/media/Taco/DA761004-2A89-4C6D-BD69-7B8E3FC77B7A_zpsoz5nbxoj.jpg.html] [/URL[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/meizoo7/media/Taco/CC48E632-093A-480E-B76F-DFA6F9CEBFE1_zpstlhgqjqe.jpg.html]

I have a video of first start up but its not uploading. ill try again tomorrow.

Last edited:

Redlantern

Reaction score
Finally got cold side done. This is temp for now till I can get more $ an have the tuner to weld me some. After starting it I found an oil leak where my feed is coming from. I think the nipple was too short so I'll be taking care of that tomorrow.

justin13703

Reaction score
looks good man, while youre still getting your intake piping all finished up were you gonna have one of the maf sensor adapters from urd welded onto the pipe? Might clean it up a little bit so you don't have to use that little piece with the sensor in it.

Redlantern

Reaction score
looks good man, while youre still getting your intake piping all finished up were you gonna have one of the maf sensor adapters from urd welded onto the pipe? Might clean it up a little bit so you don't have to use that little piece with the sensor in it.

That's going to be there for now till it gets to the shop. It will be using a map sensor since I will be using aem ems for tuning.

rennurx

Reaction score
Did u think about rotating the turbo so u don't have such a harsh bend for ur ic piping?

Doublld

Reaction score
You still need the maf sensor in and seeing air flow but the map is what is used for the ems

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did u think about rotating the turbo so u don't have such a harsh bend for ur ic piping?

Yup. If you clock your compressor outlet up, you can probably get rid of that first bend.

Redlantern

Reaction score
So something happened while trying to fix an oil leak from the oil feed line yesterday. I think the nipple for my oil feed was over tightened causing a small fracture to occur where the OP sensor screwed into. When we tried testing to see if it leaked with just the sensor, oil sprayed everywhere and blew out the threads. If you're wondering, There was no cross threading that happened cause the threads were nice clean and still conformed to the threads on the sensor. Here's the damage...

2697D429-D23B-4CFF-891C-E2F8E4431D39_zpsbtftp69x.jpg
D1BB6EC7-89BC-4D34-B7E8-BF65CB88E2FB_zpslq0xabgc.jpg

Luckily I have my spare block where I'll just grab that piece and replace.

Gadget

Reaction score
Remember the threads on that port are BSPT and not NPT.

G

Redlantern

Reaction score
oil leak has been fixed. Used a Greddy oil sandwich plate for oil feed instead. It didn't sit well with me that the sensor blew out like that so i went with this route instead. On the final grind of things. Gauges installed. just need to finalize my vacuum connections then off to the exhaust shop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any pictures of the new setup?

If you have a vacuum leak CEL, post up and I'll help you correct it.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Any pictures of the new setup?

If you have a vacuum leak CEL, post up and I'll help you correct it.

No photo yet. Everything is all connected tho. Just curious tho, what is vacuum supposed to be reading? It's showing between 23 and 24 is that correct?

Trying to schedule to get it towed to the exhaust shop this week to get it done with then I can schedule with the tuner.

so how many shards of metal fell into that hole?

No shards fell in. Because it was under pressure the shards flew in 2 pieces and I found them.

Redlantern

Reaction score
Forgot I took
A video. Not the best but it's something.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5OxBUHLmLk[/ame]

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds in the proper area for the vacuum.

Finish up and get it tuned!!!!!!! :mob:

Top Bottom