Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Removing seat stain

Tunedx

Reaction score
I have a stain on drivers seat cloth. Its not really noticeable but there is area that is a little drarker grey. Whats the best product to remove this type of stain.

LC_XR

Reaction score
I created a thread about this a little while back and some told me to go to home depot and look for a two part carpet cleaner. I ended up using a turtle wax upholstry cleaner spray on and scrub. I had a pizza grease stain and it took it out with a couple of applications. I know that meguires also makes a similar product but I couldn't find it in my area.

Sub Zero

Reaction score
Good luck man, the last stuff i tried bleached the seat.:frown:

Murderface

Reaction score
trust me when i say this! get a can of starting fluid, spray it into a rag and wipe the stain off. when i get into my pickup from work i usually bump my baseball cap on the headliner and get grease all over it. this will always wipe right off. i've even sprayed my baseball cap with starting fluid and it will take the grease right off and even make the white parts COMPLETEY white again

rich017

Reaction score
Starting fluid works on anything. It evaporates pretty quick so your upholstery wont be wet

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
They mean Ether! aka starting fluid, quick start. Funny thing is i have a stain on my passenger seat. You be the guinea pig ill come see if it worked.

lucke

Reaction score
oxy clean works well for this, but its a bit tricky to use

Dallas

Reaction score
What do you think that starting fluid is gonna do to the foam padding under the seat cover? my bet is it will start to crumble.

Last edited:

morcheez

Reaction score
i had some spots on my seat...took them off with seatcovers :laugh:

Murderface

Reaction score
i have NEVER had a prob using ether to clean ANYTHING. your loss:thumpdown:

carolinyens

Reaction score
Best Seat cover cleaner?

I need to clean my seat covers. What is the easiest or best products to use for the TRD ones?

JakeX

Reaction score
i have NEVER had a prob using ether to clean ANYTHING. your loss:thumpdown:

What about using the starting fluid like ether on the mesh part of the seats? ive been hesitant to use anything to get dark spots out because i didnt want any stuff down there that i couldnt wipe up with the cloth.

Because if they want you to use one of those plastic brushes to get the crap off after it dries to a powder, i feel like the bristles will take threads from the mesh and pull them upward making the seat look like you rubbed steel wool all over it.

Top Bottom