Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rennurx build thread

rennurx

Reaction score
Okay so the "friend discount" totally worked against me. He still didn't get around to starting anything on the manifold. So I took all the parts back and am taking it to my fab guy who makes the spacers and mounts for me. Basically just has to be welded together. I went around and got all the parts cut to fit today. So should be done by next Friday. So a week.

Only problem is I quit my job and didn't start my new one yet so I gotta find the cash to pick it up next week! Hahaha.

Doublld

Reaction score
Okay so the "friend discount" totally worked against me. He still didn't get around to starting anything on the manifold. So I took all the parts back and am taking it to my fab guy who makes the spacers and mounts for me. Basically just has to be welded together. I went around and got all the parts cut to fit today. So should be done by next Friday. So a week.

Only problem is I quit my job and didn't start my new one yet so I gotta find the cash to pick it up next week! Hahaha.

Booo lol. Hopefully it all works out

rennurx

Reaction score
Here you can kinda see how the intake manifold will look.
Going with a "cheaper" version. Just to get tested and make sure it actually works. Should be around $850? But don't quote me on that.
Gonna be a short runner design. But still utilizes the velocity stacks, larger intake and all the vacuum ports needed.

The more expensive version will include longer runners and fuel rail system and a much nicer tb to intake plenum plate. Will get rid of the lower intake manifold. Should be Around $1500. But again don't quote me on that yet.

Last edited:

Doublld

Reaction score
Here you can kinda see how the intake manifold will look.
Going with a "cheaper" version. Just to get tested and make sure it actually works. Should be around $850? But don't quote me on that.
Gonna be a short runner design. But still utilizes the velocity stacks, larger intake and all the vacuum ports needed.

The more expensive version will include longer runners and fuel rail system and a much nicer tb to intake plenum plate. Will get rid of the lower intake manifold. Should be Around $1500. But again don't quote me on that yet.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/r...MG_20140516_190944_902-1_zpsink1amxy.jpg.html

You should just do the one that replaces the lower plenum that will bolt right to the head. I feel like that will make the most ponies

Last edited:

rennurx

Reaction score
I am doing that one too. but for the price its gonna be a very limited market. This one will be good for people wanting a safe and strong intake and hopefully it still shows some gains...

Doublld

Reaction score
I am doing that one too. but for the price its gonna be a very limited market. This one will be good for people wanting a safe and strong intake and hopefully it still shows some gains...

Even if it doesn't at least it's strong and don't have to worry about the acis anymore

rennurx

Reaction score
Yea I mean if it doesn't show any gains as long as it doesn't hurt performance I'll be happy. Just because its a lot stronger.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got a good start there on the plenum. Any other updates?

rennurx

Reaction score
Just dropped off the intake for welding. Said like A month! Because hes busy. Going to machine the fuel rails on Saturday. Also having a dry sump oil pan made. And getting the first set of solid motor mounts made and shipped out hopefully in the next two weeks.

Oh and I start my new job tomorrow! As a machine operator. So maybe I can do my own parts once I getin good at work. Haha

rennurx

Reaction score
4 link should be on this weekend. My buddy is coming to weld it up for me.. just waiting on metal to get here for the frame.. then looking into a cool way to mount the coilovers which I still need to find..
I have the djm front getting ready for PC then I just need the bushings coilovers and the front will be back together.
Hopefully a month or so and the truck will be back on its wheels

As for the intake I have to buy the rest of the velocity stacks so he can finish welding everything. Once I sell the oil pan spacer I have and injectors I'll use that money for the intake.

Also have the jig for the motor mounts I'll sell for $200 if someone wants to fab there own motor mounts.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get some AFCO coilovers! :D or even the QA1's. That is what Clifford is using.

Good to hear things are coming back together.

rennurx

Reaction score
So no real progress. Go figure something always cones up. But good news is i will be picking up the motor. Rad. Fuel cell. Fuel lines fuel pump boost gauge and some other little things next week!! So already most the parts qill be here. 4 Link still needs welded and control arms still need to be put on..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Long time coming. I am sure you are ready for those parts, and to get the project moving forward again.

Top Bottom