Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rusty roof fix

PiNkY

Reaction score
Hows it going XRU! I know a few people have come across this - just figured id share my fix for it.

I noticed this about 4 months back and i finally got around to dealin with it.

Before:

The picture doesnt show just how bad the rust was. It seemed like the more i sanded the more i found. I probably coulda started with a lighter grit but i hit it with 80 then 150.

Then i hit it with 3 coats of primer.

Then i hit it with 4 coats of black blastidip about 2 cans.

It was still a little wet when i took these pics. I'll put up another pic in a few days once it gets a chance to cure more.
I may redo it but next time buy this kit they offer here www.dipyourcar.com
It has a bit of a textured feel/look in the middle half due to being spray can - it was sputtering a bit since the can wasnt level. Hope this helps. :blurock:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Looks good! Did the same to my Silverado along wit the hood, loved the look!

skydivedevin

Reaction score
I did the same exact thing to my BSP! That stupid roof paint was garbage. I sanded, primed, and then used the rattle cans of plasti dip the first time and it looked terrible. So I peeled it off, sanded most of the entire roof down to bare metal and then applied 2 thick coats of primer. I used an HVLP sprayer to spray the plasti dip the second time around and it looks SOOOO much better.

Large

Reaction score
I'd like to see how long the dip holds up in our Houston heat

Are you going to clear coat it as well?

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score

Clear coating plasti dip is stupid.... it is more of a temporary solution it's rubber not paint

I have had the full evo mod done on my truck for a hand full of years now and it is just now starting to show signs of fade and peeling

One day I will pull it off and actually paint the mods I did in dip

Large

Reaction score
Clear coating plasti dip is stupid.... it is more of a temporary solution it's rubber not paint

I have had the full evo mod done on my truck for a hand full of years now and it is just now starting to show signs of fade and peeling

One day I will pull it off and actually paint the mods I did in dip

I'm aware of dip lol, I was just curious.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I read what I posted and it looks to me like I sound like a d!ck.. lol

It was more

clear on dip is stupid :)

Not

Clear on dip is stupid >:\

:)

Hay pinky you still in my part of town? Cypress

Last edited:

PiNkY

Reaction score
I read what I posted and it looks to me like I sound like a d!ck.. lol

It was more

clear on dip is stupid :)

Not

Clear on dip is stupid >:\

:)

Hay pinky you still in my part of town? Cypress

Thats funny i was thinkin the same thing when i read your post....man what a dick comment.....lol but i knew what you where trying to get at. No i moved back in with my chick off 1960 and 249. Still closes though - im gona try and fix my grill next. The damn thing just broke - it basically split apart dont think i can fix it but im gona try and probably do yhe RGM while im at it. I see your selling all your go fast goodies. What happend did you Vbug take up your toy money?

No this is a temporary fix. Gona peal it off and redo it like stated above. Rattle can is crap need to buy the gun and gallon plasti dip to do it right

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Might be a temp fix, but it'll get you by until then. Looks good enough at least. Need to hamg out one of these days man!

Geez stoner, what a dick. :laugh:

STONER-X

Reaction score
Thats funny i was thinkin the same thing when i read your post....man what a dick comment.....lol but i knew what you where trying to get at. No i moved back in with my chick off 1960 and 249. Still closes though - im gona try and fix my grill next. The damn thing just broke - it basically split apart dont think i can fix it but im gona try and probably do yhe RGM while im at it. I see your selling all your go fast goodies. What happend did you Vbug take up your toy money?

Guess I am a "Richard" lol

I figured you were not in the area since I had not seen your truck in a while

I converted to a top mount...

I'm getting next married June so all my money is going there :( :) lol

Bug is not on the back burner but more of the side burner.. have to make a few tweeks on the truck... say "I do" ... get rid of o e bill eating a hole in my pocket....... then the bug will be back on

PiNkY

Reaction score
Might be a temp fix, but it'll get you by until then. Looks good enough at least. Need to hamg out one of these days man!

Geez stoner, what a dick. :laugh:
Yea id be down for that. If i remember correctly i still owe you a double IPA you can only get at bars, right?

Guess I am a "Richard" lol

I figured you were not in the area since I had not seen your truck in a while

I converted to a top mount...

I'm getting next married June so all my money is going there :( :) lol

Bug is not on the back burner but more of the side burner.. have to make a few tweeks on the truck... say "I do" ... get rid of o e bill eating a hole in my pocket....... then the bug will be back on
Congrats! I hear yea i bought a side project as well but it's been set back a lil so i can get some things in line.

Top Bottom