Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Say what you want about TPMS

i_ski

Reaction score
There are those that really don't like the TPMS but I was on my way to the dump loaded with tree trimmings and didn't notice the low tire because I was loading up in the grass. When I started driving and noticed the light on the dash I managed to pull over and get it changed before any damage was done. So thus far I have to give it the thumbs up :top:

On a related side note I was really pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to get that nice fully sized spare on there... another thumbs up :top:

XrunDan

Reaction score
lol, good for you. Most people just do not like it when they upgrade there rim size and what not. The TPMS is about to become standard (if it hasnt already) on most every vehicle. I had it in my 04 4Runner and i never had any problems with it.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
think it is mandatory for either 07 or 08 & beyond.:top:

quicky06

Reaction score
its 06 and up. all vehicles have to have some way of monitoring tire pressures in order to warn the driver. higher end cars wil use a direct system(the sensor in the tire) and the others will use an indirect system(they use ABS wheel seed sensors to judge tire ressure. the fastest moving tire is the lowest on air.)

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
it's not 06' and up,maybe on the x. but i have an 07' fjcruiser,and no tpms. i thought it was from 09' and up. i dunno for sure,but i know it's not 06' and up.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
hemlix,did your fj come with stock or aftermarket wheels?might be the wheels they may have put on it or maybe being considered an offroad vehicle it it is exempt from it.:top: :dontknow:

quicky06

Reaction score
no hes right i just double checked

"TPMS on every vehicle under 10,000 lbs GVWR starting September 2007."

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
no dog,it's got factory wheels. but on the fj forum i go to,they're saying it's gonna be on the 08'. wich kinda sux for ppl who change tire pressure to go along with the type of offroading they're doing,but o well.

do i remember correctly that if all 4 tires are lowered equally in pressure the light won't come on? i seem to remember someone saying it's when there's a 5psi difference on one tire?
could be mistaken though.
helimx

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
hemlix I know that i get the light everytime my spare goes flat.it has a slow leak and can't fix the hole either but could patch it to hold the pressure oh well too lazy.just fill it.:laugh:

Scratchy

Reaction score
do i remember correctly that if all 4 tires are lowered equally in pressure the light won't come on? i seem to remember someone saying it's when there's a 5psi difference on one tire?
could be mistaken though.
helimx

There's a reset button under the steering column to calibrate the pressure on all 5 tires.
So once you lower the pressure on them all, just hold the reset button for 10 seconds.

Top Bottom